Ch 13

Once Mark and Macey finished their meal Mark started to gather up all of the garbage "do you want to come with me?" Mark asked with a gentle smile. "Umm, is it ok if I read a book while a wait for you to get back?" Macey asked leaning against his massive hand. When Mark saw the little girl leaning against his hand he couldn't say no "sure sweetie" Mark replied gently scooping her up and placed her in the box. Once inside the box Macey quickly ran over to the bookshelf "don't take to long, I hate being alone" Macey said looking up at him.

When Mark saw the look she's giving him his heart started to melt "I promise I'll return" Mark replied standing up with his garbage. "Good, just get going and come back" Macey replied turning her attention back to her book, "I well" Mark chuckled as he walked out of the room. After a few moments Macey started to feel foot steps walking back into the room "yay your back" Macey said turning around but when she saw it wasn't Mark she gulped "umm hi" she said looking at the man with confusion. "So your must be Mark's pet, I'm surprised he didn't eat you like he did with his last one" Donny said with a smile.

When Macey heard that she gulped "I don't believe you" Macey replied crossing her arms over her chest causing the man to chuckle. "Well little one its the truth, so why don't you ask him yourself" Donny said giving the child one last grin as he headed out the door. After a few moments after Donny left Mark came walking back in "I'm back little one" Mark said walking over to the box but when he saw the fear in her eyes his heart shattered. "What's wrong sweetie?" Mark asked but soon regretted it, "is it true that you ate your last human?" Macey asked causing Mark to look away.