Chapter Fourteen

uploading as promised!:)

Chapter Fourteen- Rachel Paige

I giggled to myself. Tristan was fun, even if he wiped his disgusting sweat all over me. I walked into the kitchen, bouncing the now calmed down Claire on my hip, I waked around taking inventory of Tristan’s cupboards trying to figure out what to make. I tried to open up a cabinet only to figure out that it was child locked. Really? He child locked a cabinet I have to go on my tip toes to reach? I shook my head laughing. After I found a can of tomato soup I decided to make some of my world famous grilled cheese sandwiches. After I grabbed all the supplies I set Claire down in her high chair and gave her a teething toy to play with while I was busy making some food. 

While Claire was playing with her toys I made the grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I had some music playing in the background on one of Tristan’s iPods I had found laying around the house. I had never really listened to all that much music growing up but I found I quite enjoyed it. I was swaying my hips back and forth while stirring the soup when Tristan walked in. He eyed my swaying hips before he came up behind me. 

“You like music?” he whispered in my ear. Me, not being educated in the guy department, blushed and nodded my head. Tristan remained behind me hugging my waist close to his chest and burying his face in my hair.

“Tris?” I whispered.

“Mhmm?”

“Uh, well, t-the soup is d-done.” I stuttered, I was definitely not used to his close proximity, but I did love it. Tristan sighed before gently releasing me to get some plates and bowls. He set the bowls and plates on the counter before resuming his spot behind me, holding me close once again. 

“Tris?” 

“Yeah Rach?”

“Are you smelling me?” Tristan gave out a little chuckle before responding. 

“Uh, yeah…” I laughed and asked him why he was smelling me. 

“You smell yummy.” He replied before picking up his sandwich and soup before going to sit at the table. I grabbed my own also grabbing two bottles of water before going to sit down. Once I sat down I realized I forgot to grab Claire’s food. I got back up to get her food and milk before going to sit back down. I didn’t even start eating my food until I was done feeding Claire. Once I did get around to eating my food I realized it was cold so I went to heat it up in the microwave. As I was heating it up Claire started crying so I went to pick her up. She quickly put her hand above my breast just like she always does. It was now just part of a routine. While I ate Claire sat on my lap playing with my dangling necklace. I had found out that Claire quite liked playing with necklaces so I should make sure to wear more of them. 

“I have my schedule in my bag. I’ll give you a copy of it so you know when you will be watching Claire overnight and over the weekends and what not.” Tristan said getting up to cook himself another sandwich. I nodded my head. 

“How often will I be watching her overnight? And would you like her to stay here or would you like her to be at mine?” 

“Whatever’s good with you.” Tristan mumbled.

“Are you okay Tris?” I asked worriedly. Now that I think about it he had been kind of quiet during dinner. 

“Yeah I’m fine.” Tristan said annoyed. I nodded my head before going back to my soup. 

~*~

After dinner was over and the dishes were stacked in the sink I set Claire in her play pin while I started washing the  dishes. Tristan had gone in to another room immediately after dinner with out a word. I let him have his space. I turned on the music with the remote to the very nice Boze iPod dock. It probably cost more than what I used to make in a year. 

I was swaying my hips back and forth to the beat when I felt like there was a pair of eyes on me. I quickly whipped my head around to see Tristan leaning up against the doorframe with his legs crossed, sipping his drink. 

“What are you looking at?” I asked in my normally quiet voice. 

“Oh you know.” Tristan stated plainly.

“If I did know than I wouldn’t have asked you.”

“I’m just enjoying the view…” Tris said as I turned back to the dishes, this time I didn’t dance. Tristan groaned. 

“Why did you stop?” he groaned. “I was enjoying the show.” I gasped. He was watching my rear end!

“Tristan! Were you watching my, my, behind?” I started the sentence of yelling in shock but I whispered when I was talking about my rear, it was uncomfortable. Tristan started laughing so hard he started choking on his water. 

“It’s not funny Tristan!” I yelled my face turning a million different shades of red. Tristan just started laughing harder. 

“Your right, it-it’s not funny…” Tristan tried to say but burst out laughing instead. Not very convincing if you ask me. I turned around not saying anything. Tristan kept trying to talk to me but I was giving him the silent treatment. 

“Aw Rachel, I’m sorry baby.” Tristan whined coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. I couldn’t help but lean into his large frame. 

“Aw baby, please don’t give me the silent treatment.” Tristan whispered in my ear, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine. 

“Come on baby…” this time he started kissing me ear. 

“Tristan!” I gasped. Tristan laughed before letting go and saying “I know you liked it.” With a smirk on his face. I just blushed. Tristan laughed before releasing me completely and grabbing his water, instead of walking out of the kitchen like I thought he would he playfully slapped my butt. I glared at him as he ran out of the kitchen like a bat out of hell. 

“I’m gonna get you Tristan! You better sleep with one eye open!” I screamed after him and threw the dish rag after his retreating form.