Chapter Fifteen

Here's chapter fifteen:) i honestly am not a big fan of it:/ but oh well, 

Chapter Fifteen- Tristan Kane

I laughed to myself as I walked away from the kitchen. Rachel was to innocent it was funny. Honestly I was surprised Rachel was still pure. She was a beautiful girl and I know a lot of guys who would love to tap that ass. She had a pretty good butt. And chest. And well Rachel was just beautiful all in all. I continued thinking of the brown haired beauty as I waked in to my room. I took a shower and got ready for bed. Claire was already in bed thanks to Rachel and Rachel had left a few minutes before I got out of the shower. 

As I was getting into bed I let myself wander back to when Abigail was still alive. Honestly, I made a crappy uncle to Claire. I didn’t really care about birthdays or those weird white outfits babies wore. Abby was the best older sister. She was kind, sweet, loving, she didn’t take crap from anybody. It wasn’t until she started to date Mike that things went downhill. Mike was rude, uncaring, and worse of all, Mike was abusive. That’s why Abigail was so afraid to leave him. I tried to help her, I really did. Mike was also part of a gang. It wasn’t until a couple months after Abigail had Claire that everyone found out that Mike had been murdered by a former gang member, leaving Abby all alone with a child. I remembered Abigail coming to me in the middle of the night, clutching her baby’s body, tears running down her face and asking if she could stay the night. Of course I said yes. There was no way I could leave my big sister like that. Abigail ended up staying for a few weeks before she got a job and moved out. After that I hardly kept in touch with Abby, now I wish I had. 

I groaned before rubbing my hand over my face. If I could go back, I would change so much. I would warn Abby about Mike. I would be a better uncle. I would be a better brother. I would change so much if I could. But I couldn’t. 

~*~

It was two in the morning and I still couldn’t sleep. All those memories of Abigail and I growing up came back to me. Running outside in our bare feet catching frogs in the pond behind our house. Having sword fights with sticks. Drawing on the pavement with chalk. All the memories of growing up came back to me and I couldn’t help but wonder if Claire would have a happy childhood. I would do everything I could to make sure she was happy, I would do anything. But what happens when she starts asking about her mom? What happens when she has her first boyfriend? What happens when she gets married and leaves me all alone?

I wrapped my large hand around Claire’s chubby baby hand. I gazed lovingly down at my baby girl. The girl I would protect and love. I gently stroked her soft cheek. I honestly to goodness loved this little girl. I would do anything for her. I sighed before letting go of Claire’s hand and getting up out of the wooden rocking chair. As I was getting up something brushed against my thigh. I bent down and saw a corner of a paper sticking out of the crack between Claire’s mattress and crib. Gently, as not to disturb her, I lifted the mattress and pulled out a white  envelope. I sat back down into the rocking chair and opened the envelope.

To whoever it may concern,

If in an event of an emergency and I am no longer there to protect Claire, I ask of you one thing. Love her. Love Claire with all that you have. Love her so there will never be a doubt in my baby’s mind that she is loved. I beg of you to love my child as if she is your own. 

If Claire ever asks of me, tell her all she needs to know is that I love her and that I am watching her from above. Tell her I love her, but nothing more. .Don’t tell her about her father, don’t tell her of the choices I made. Take her as your own and love my child with all that you have and with all that you are. Raise my child how I would raise her. Raise her with good morals, raise her to know what is wrong and what is right. Raise my baby to know that Jesus loves her.

I beg of you, love my child as if she was your own. Call her your own, for she no longer  belongs to me. Please love my baby

With love, 

Abigail Marie Kane

I gently set the letter down. Take her as my own? Don’t tell her about her mother? What is Abigail thinking? Could I really take Claire as my own? Yes. I can take Claire as my own, and I will. I will love Claire with all that I am. I will ensure her happiness. I will love Claire. I will not let Abigail down.