Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-six- Tristan Kane

I can't believe her. I cannot believe her. I can, in no way, believe her. She was adopting my child. MY child!.

"You can't do that Rachel!" I screamed slamming my pepsi down causing it to spill and Rachel to flinch violently back against her seat.

"You cannot do this Rachel." I seethed.

"Why can't I?" she whispered. Why couldn't she? Is she mental!

"You can't because that's my kid! MY kid! Not you'rs and not anyone else's! MINE!" I screamed causing everyone in the diner to stop and stare. Rachel looked up at me with a hurt look before gently settin gdown her fork and folding her napkin, placing it on the table and then digging through her bag. Once she found what she was looking for she placed it on the table and calmly left the diner, but not before telling me two words.

"Too late." she said aplogetically. As the little bell on the door rang signalling her departure everyone just stared. Ignoring their stares I looked at what she had left. It was a white envelope with my name written in cursive. Hesitantly picking it up I carefully opened it.

Inside the envelope were several pictures. Pictures of Claire and of Rachel. In the first one I looked at Rachel was sitting with Claire in her lap laughing as Claire played with her hair. The next one Claire sat in Rachel's lap, much like the first, but instead of playing with Rachel's hair she was holding a sign that said 'Will'. Confused I looked to the next picture. This one was Claire was in a swingset and Rachel was pushing her gently, Claire held a sign that read 'you'. I eagerly looked to the next. Again Claire was holding a sign that said 'please'. The next said 'be'. Throwing all the pictures down on the table I put them in order according to the time they were taken. Once each picture was in it's rightful place I read the signs that Claire was holding.

'Will you please be a part of our lives? marry me?' The last two signs were held by Rachel. I couldn't even process it. She was proposing to me? Well she was proposing, i'm not sure she feels the same way after what I said to her.

The envelope wasn't empty. There was still a folded up piece of paper inside. I pulled out the piece of paper, it was a letter.

Dear, Tristan

I love you. I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up to your beautiful face every morning. I want to be Claire's mother. I want to be a part of your wonderful family. That is if you'll have me?

All my love,

Rachel.

Oh God, what have I done. I threw the letter one the table and quickly gathered it and the photos. Shoving them carelessly into my pocket I dropped a twenty on the table and raced out of there. I needed to find my Rachel. I needed to find her. I couldn't live with her.

*Only like two or three chapters left before the end. Once i'm finished I will be going back and editting it, adding chapters, making some longer, introducing new characters and what not. Hope you like it:) Please vote and comment:)