Lolli

'I wish those ghouls had eaten me...' You think, as you pick yourself up from the murky puddle. Though that ordeal happened a week ago you still thought about every detail of it. However you could no longer remember the voices. A foot on your back presses you back into the puddle.
"Now, now, you're not done with your bath, corpse girl!" The girl taunts, as her friends giggle behind her.
"What ugly girls..." A voice huffs and there's a pause. You turn your head to look at the redhead, his amber eyes pierce the girls, lip curling. "Or maybe you're ghouls."
"Eustass..." The girl glares, "Keep walking."
He hums, coming over with his hands in his pockets, suddenly leaning over to be face to face. The girl flinches, stumbling back. He smirks dangerously at her.
"Make me, princess." He growls. She pales, before retreating with her two friends. You carefully pick yourself up, frowning at your now transparent homework papers. Your eyes glide to his boots, he was still there? His hand comes over the back of your neck, pulling you to your feet. "Get out of the water." He huffs, before walking away. You blink, touching your neck as you watch him go. What was that about?
You soon return home, looking around the empty house as you made you're way to your room, changing your ruined clothes. A quiet sigh leaves your lips as you rub your eyes. You look around, grabbing your wallet, before going out. You just wanted somewhere quiet to relax and not as lonely as home.
You wander toward the city, frowning to yourself. Then again, you couldn't remember the last time your lips did anything other than frown. Your eyes drift upward toward the sky, envy for the birds that could fly. So free to go and perch wherever they please. Free. You sigh and look to the side, only to stop.
Has that café always been there? You blink before carefully going inside, jumping slightly when a bell rings. The man- wow, I mean, handsome masterpiece at the counter looks over with silver eyes. He blinks before smiling.
"Welcome, take a seat wherever you like." He rumbles. You blush and nod stiffly, swiftly moving to a corner table. He soon comes over to take your order. "My name is Law, what can I get-"
The bell rings and you peer over as the girls from school come in, being obnoxious and loud. They spot you and start snickering. The bell rings again but you're too focused on the girls to see who.
"Why don't you come take our order instead? She only knows how to talk to corpses, after all." The leader coos. You flinch slightly and move to get up.
"I'm sorry for wasting your-" He touches your arm making you stop.
"I know just what to get you." He smiles softly, ignoring the girls completely. What... You don't respond, watching him as he goes back behind the counter.
"Excuse me? I was talking." The girl huffs offended.
"Of course he heard you, your voice is nails on a chalkboard. He just doesn't give a shit." The redhead from earlier huffs, walking to the counter and removing his leather jacket to show a uniform like Law's.
"You're late Eustass-ya." Law hums, not looking up.
"I don't give a damn.." The redhead huffs, before smirking. "Ill take care of them for ya." He adds.
"That's terrifyingly thoughtful." Law smirks as well.
"Like hell! If that pig serves us we're out of here!" The girl snaps jabbing, a finger at Eustass. You frown at that.
"At least he doesn't squeal like one, you do that enough already." You comment making them all look over in surprise. You met her glare calmly. What the hell made you say that? Ah well, maybe she'll be angry enough to kill you. Then again, you didn't want to die by the rotten bitch.
"What did you just-" Her shrill screech is stopped by laughter. Eustass holds his stomach laughing in amusement.
"That... That's very true!" He chuckles.
"You wait, corpse bride, I'll make you wish those words never even formed in your mind." She hisses at you.
"I'm sure you will..." You sigh quietly as the girls storm out. The door slams shut and you drop your head to the table. "They're really going to do something awful to me now..." You whisper. Eustass and Law share a look as Law comes over setting a plate down near your head.
"Why did you get her that?" Eustass huffs as you pick your head up to look at the cute little piece if cake that looked straight out of a magazine.
"O-Oh, thank you..." You manage trying a piece and almost instantly regretting it. So much salt! Law frowns as you freeze briefly, before forcing it down. Eustass comes over, setting down a drink in front of there.
"You're gonna need that to wash it down." He rumbles. You nod doing so.
"I don't understand, I follow the directions perfectly but that's always the reaction." Law sighs.
"I think you got the salt confused with sugar... Didn't you try it while you were mixing?" You ask carefully. He pauses and frowns.
"His taste buds got fried when he was little so everything tastes the same." Eustass shrugs.
"That's too bad, it looked really lovely..." You look at the redhead then. "Is your name really Eustass?" You inquire.
"That's my family name. You can call me Kid, I like that better." He responds. You look back over at Law as he takes the plate away with a small frown. You couldn't help but feel guilty.
"C-C-Can...." You stutter making them look at you as you shift nervously all of a sudden. "C-Can I h-help you m-make a new cake?" You look at the table.
"Really? You want to help? Alright." He smirks in slight relief at that. You look up in time to see the smirk, before he beckons you behind the counter. You follow as he gathers the ingredients. You make sure to check the substance in the sugar container, before informing that it had been filled with salt.
After making sure the ingredients were all correct, you start to follow the recipe Law had clipped up. You were so focused that you didn't hear the bell ring, or notice the person leaning on the counter, until you stopped to taste. You over to see a red haired man with three scars over his left eye watching you curiously.
"What's your name?" He rumbles.
"_-___..." You manage.
"I don't recall hiring you..." He mutters tilting his head. You freeze eyes widening, this was the café manager!?
"I-I'm sorry I-I..."
"She's helping Law make a cake." Kid tells him, sweeping up.
"Y-Yes..." You manage, helping Law put the batter into a pan. "There I'll go now." You turn to leave but Kid conveniently moves in your way. You pause and blink up at him, he intimidated you.
His amber gaze flicks to you, "Come again." He says gruffly. You shift and nod stiffly, before hurrying out.
"I never heard you say that before..." Law smirks.
"Shut up.... Anyway, I'll finish up this and head out." Kid looks to Shanks, who nods quietly, looking toward the door thoughtfully.

Your eyes ease open to a forest. What the hell happened? A searing pain in the side of your head makes you wince. "She's finally awake Lolli!" You hear a girl giggle. Fuck. You look up as the three girls stand in front of you. Lolli smiles viciously at you.
"Do you know where you are, corpse bride?" She sneers. You shift and try to sit up more only to whimper and look at your shoulder to find steak knife pinning you in place. Double fuck. You look back at Lolli as she snickers, her two underlings setting up a camera. "We're in the Restricted Woods! Do you know why they're restricted?" She taunts.
"Ghoul grounds..." You mutter.
"That's right! No one will miss you if you become ghoul food!" She cackles, eyes darkening. "That's probably the only thing you'll be good for! Then again, I bet you taste pretty bad!"
You stare up at her, ah, this is why you had always avoided speaking up. She was fucking crazy. "You're really fucked up... Gonna watch it over and over are you? Is that how you get off?" You hiss. It was too late to try and beg for forgiveness, might as well really piss her off now. Her boot meets the side of your face and you immediately taste iron as your teeth cut into the inside of your cheek. She doesn't stop there though, repeatedly kicking and stomping on your face.
"Fucking bitch! Watch your mouth! You're nothing! You're just trash!" She shrieks kicking you until her friends pull her back away from you.
"Lolli stop, you'll kill her before the ghouls do." One of them says in an attempt to calm her. Lolli takes a deep breath, starting to giggle like the messed up person she was.
"Right, right... I look forward to watching you get torn to shreds." Lolli sneers as her and her underlings leave. You grab the hilt of the blade and wince trying to pull it out. This wasn't good, the sun was already going down.
Whimpering quietly, you ease out the blade. Your shoulder felt like it was on fire, and there was a good chance that you would bleed to death if you didn't treat it soon. You spit out some blood that had built up in your mouth, just the motion to do so hurt. Shakely rising to your feet, you pause and look up seeing red eyes watching you. Shit.
"Huhuhu! All alone!" The ghoul cheers madly, hopping from side to side, before launching at you. You stagger backwards in surprise just before they crash into you, taking you both down. You scream out in pain as their teeth force their way through the skin of your upper arm. You were gonna die in the worst way you could imagine....