Crush

You stretch yawning and peering around the courtyard quietly before pausing as you spot Kid across the way. You pause, dropping your arms as you watch him quietly.

"You eyeing my friend?" Killer's playful voice makes you jump slightly.

"N-No..." You look away in embarrassment.

"That's too bad, the way you two look at eachother is so mushy and cute. I can't stomach it." He folds his arms.

"What?" You blink in confusion.

"I guess neither of you would notice." He smirks.

"... What are you talking about?" You question. You highly doubted that Kid looked at you in anyway like that...

"Really? Do I have to spell it out for you two? Ask him-"

"Hey ___, Killer." Kid says, making you both look over at him. "What are you two talking about.?"

"Honestly I don't know, I was just about to see if Shanks will let me work tonight." You check your cell phone.

"You want to work tonight?" Kid raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Unless you want to work it alone?" You tilt your head.

"I don't mind either way. Just thought you'd like to do something else other than school or work." He offers a shrug.

"I don't mind working. I think what we do is rather soothing." You shrug looking down. Killer touches your back before pushing you into Kid's chest. You pause, blinking up at Kid as he stiffens from the contact.

"Aw, ___, if you wanted to be alone with Kid you could've just said so." Killer teases walking away. You blush lightly while Kid frowns after him as you pull back.

"Sorry." You manage in embarrassment.

"It's okay.... I'm going to skip the rest of the day, so I'll see you at work." He decides.

"Where are you going?" You tilt your head. He pauses watching you for a moment.

"Uh... Secret." He coughs lightly, looking to the side. You frown briefly before scratching your cheek and looking down.

"Alright. Just be safe and I'll see you at work." You tell him lightly. He pauses, blinking at you.

"Uh... Yeah." He shifts before carefully hugging you. You blink in surprise and hug him back. "See you later."

"Kay.." You breathe as you watch him go before smiling to yourself.

"That is a really cute smile. Im jealous." Law whispers to you as he clocks out. You blink in confusion before touching your lips.

"I was smiling?" You inquire

"Yeah. Seems like you're pretty happy to be working with Kid." He smirks. You blush and look down at that.

"Everyone keeps saying things like that..." You murmur rubbing your cheek.

"Because you still haven't noticed." He chuckles. You look back at him. "You have a crush on Kid." Your heart skips at that and your eyes widen.

"What? I just like seeing him." You defend.

"Why exactly is that? You don't smile like that when you see me." He points out before going out. You blink at the door before getting to work, trying to shrug off what he said. Even if you do have a crush on Kid it's not like he could ever feel the same way.

You frown at the pie you were making, pausing in thought. But what if he did? A blush captures your face and you sigh covering your face. 'Stop it...'