Prey

You smile a bit, watching Kid on his break, new headphones in his ears and a new mp3 in his hand, and you were pretty sure he had a small smile on his lips too. Law nudges you, making you look at him. "What's that about? You crushing on Kid?" He teases lightly.

"Actually, Im just trying to figure out if he's smiling or not." You respond smiling a bit. He glances at Kid.

"That is an odd sight." He comments and you both look over as the bell rings over a customer's head. You straighten in surprise as Zoro and Mihawk look around as they come over to the counter.

"Investigators, welcome." You offer a smile.

"___, you're looking well." Mihawk hums.

"I've been feeling better, what can I get you two?" You inquire.

"A coffee and cake for both of us." Zoro opens his wallet but you touch his hand, making him stop.

"I'll pay, dont worry about it." You hum. He pauses, meeting your gaze. He doesn't move for a moment before looking away and putting his wallet back in his pocket. You smile and Mihawk chuckles lowly as you get them a coffee and cake. "Please enjoy."

They move to a table in the corner and Law huffs, folding his arms. You look at him in confusion. "You done charming our guests?" He smirks.

"What? Charming? I'm just paying them back a little at a time." You huff lightly, moving to pay. He places a hand on yours.

"I'll pay." He says softly, a small blush rushes to your cheeks and you blink at him in surprise. He smirks at your reaction. "Exactly."

"Shut up." You puff your cheeks, pushing him to the side and making him chuckle as you pay. You glance up to catch Kid's gaze. He blinks and quickly looks back out the window. A small smile tugs on your lips at that.

You and Kid close the café that night and you yawn lightly, rubbing your eyes. Kid peers at you, scratching the back of his head. "Hey, thanks for the headphones... You didn't have to get me anything..." He murmurs. You glance at him and smile.

"Well, your old headphones seemed to be on their death bed." You point out, walking with him. He pauses at that.

"You noticed..?" He murmurs.

"Yeah..." You scratch your cheek, kind of feeling like a stalker. "You helped me before with Lolli so I've been trying to figure out a way to thank you."

"Don't worry about it. She deserved it anyway." He shrugs. You smile and lean into him, touching your cheek to his arm. You can feel him tense under your touch. You close your eyes briefly before pulling away and going to the door.

"Still... Thanks, it meant a lot to me." You murmur before heading inside. He stares at the door bringing a hand over his face slightly.

"I have no idea what I'm doing..." He mutters.

"I'm back," You call, entering the house, easing off your shoes and starting for the dining room. You hear a thud against Demon's door as you pass followed by a low and pained groan. You stop, blinking at it carefully. "You okay Demon?" You ask. There's a pause and the door eases open.

"I'm fine..." He grumbles, adjusting his mask. You frown slightly in concern, touching his arm.

"You sure?" You murmur. He straightens at that.