New Acquaintances

"What?" You murmur while Demon demands the same thing.

"You heard me. ___'s coming with me to escort a guest here." Law says simply.

"No. It's too dangerous." Demon snaps, protectively placing an arm in front of you. Law raises an eyebrow at him and the ghoul growls in response. You touch Demon's hand gently, making him stiffen.

"Demon, they'll be staying here anyway. Its best not to surprise them when they get here, everyone hates an unwelcomed surprise." You assure calmly.

"But-"

"Im not scared, I have you guys." You smile softly. "And if this ghoul needs help, I want to assist someway." Demon's fingers twitch before he scoffs and stalks out. You watch him go and sigh quietly.

"Lets get going." Law says, taking your hand and guiding you out.

"Demon doesn't trust anyone." You comment quietly.

"He trusts you. But that's probably it." Law shrugs, peering at you.

"Why me though?" You tilt your head, you couldn't understand the ghoul really.

"I'm not sure. Maybe because you are a truly good person." He gives you a smile. You giggle lightly and look down.

"What's the ghoul's name?" You ask him.

"Kuro. He's being troubled by doves so it's better if he hides in our sector." He explains.

"Alright, I'm looking forward to meeting him." You offer a smile. He smiles back, touching the small of your back.

"You look lovely today by the way." He hums. You blush and push his face away.

"___, Law, I was just heading that way." A voice makes you both look over as Franky approaches.

"Franky, hey, how are you?" You greet the ghoul with a smile.

"I'm super! You look good," He grins, handing you a box. "For you." He adds. You blink down at it and light up.

"Is this..." You gasp looking up at him excitedly. He gives a nod. You open the box and peer in excitedly. "Wow... I love it!" You grin up at him happily.

"I'm glad, see you two around." He grins before leaving you two alone. Law smiles and nudges you before continuing to the edge of sector. Law moves ahead, leaving you to look at the river that bordered your sector. You smile, going to the bank and peering at the waters. Sure was pretty, you kneel down to look closer.

"Not so close miss, you could get hurt." A voice makes you look over and up at a tree branch, finding a guy hanging by the back of his jacket. He offers a goofy grin in response.

"Thanks... Uh, do you need help?" You stand up and go closer.

"That'd be great!" He chuckles. You go over and push up his feet, freeing his jacket. He flips over your head, landing with a stagger before jumping into the river. You blink after him in surprise.

"O-Oi!" You gasp worriedly, wasn't he just telling you to be careful? He bursts from the water with a silver briefcase.

"Yosh! I got it!" He chimes trudging out with a big grin. You blink at the suitcase, eyebrows raising.

"I-Investigator, what on earth were you doing in a tree?" You question.

"Oh! Ghoul fight! I got smacked back! Thanks!" He chimes starting off.

"Um, no problem, be careful out there." You offer a smile.

"I will! Oh, I'm Luffy by the way! See ya around!" He chimes before taking off. You sweatdrop and watch him leave.

"I guess they let anyone in now." You mutter going back to the street.

"___," You look over to see Law as he walks over with a man with slicked back black hair and glasses. "This is Kuro-ya."

"Nice to meet you Kuro-ya." You greet with a bow. Law smiles a bit when you mimic him.

"Its nice to meet you, ___," He offers a small nod.

"Alright, lets head back now." Law hums and you start back together. You hug your box happily and bounce slightly. Law smiles watching you quietly.

"We'll go tonight right?" You ask Law cheerfully.

"We sure will." He rumbles.

You hum, facing your mirror and trying on the mask. A giggle escapes you, the design was smooth and amazing. A knock on your door makes you look over. "Come in!" You chime. Demon eases in and pauses.

"Nice, I was curious when he said you got one." He pokes your mask and you chuckle.

"I really like it... Franky did great." You touch it thoughtfully.

"Yeah... Ready to go?" He inquires, turning for the door.

"Lead the way Demon-kun," You smile behind your mask. He leads the way out and you trail behind him. Shanks, Law, and Killer wait with their masks on.

"Looks cool ___." Killer rumbles. You touch the mask again and bounce slightly, proud smile hidden behind it.

"Heh, she's ready to go, we'll be back Kuro." Law rumbles before leading the way. You follow the ghouls out, humming behind your mask as you load into the truck with them. The ride there was mostly quiet besides your cheerful humming.

You lead the way out, unlocking the door for them again and helping them move the corpses into the truck, not at all bothered by it.

"You did well tonight ___." Law breathes once you're all loaded into the truck. You take off the mask to give them a grin.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you're quick too." Demon pats your head.

"Thanks I try my best." You chime.

"So cute! Come here!" Shanks gushes moving to hug you but Demon stops him.

"No." Demon huffs while you giggle lightly. They had no idea, but they all made you so happy. You smile and relax, peering out the back window thoughtfully.

You all return home and you take a shower while the ghouls eat. After getting dressed, you head out as Killer sets your plate on the table. "Just in time." He hums.

"Thanks Killer." You smile sitting down to eat.

"Thank you, those corpses are some of the freshest we've gotten." He hums in response.

"Glad I can help it." You breathe. After you finish eating, you head to your room and settle in for the night with a yawn.

Just as sleep was pulling you in, you feel a weight ease onto your mattress. "Mm... Demon?" You murmur peering over in the darkness. He pats your shoulder in response and you relax, closing your eyes. "Goodnight then." You hum before falling fast asleep.