Slipping Mask

"You want to go swimming..?" His brows knit together.

"Yeah. There's a lake at the edge of town. I haven't been there since before my mom passed." You smile softly.

"I can't swim though.." He admits.

"Oh, that's okay. We don't have to swim.. Just walk along the lake. Or we can do something else..." You scratch your cheek looking down and silently scolding yourself.

"I want to go. I don't mind if you swim either. It sounds... Fun." He tells you. You look at him as he rubs his neck. "I'll get ready and meet you in front of your place."

"Alright." You smile before heading inside. You go to your room, searching your drawers for a swim suit. "Oh no... I don't have one..."

"Have one what?" Shanks asks in your doorway. You blink and look over.

"A... Swim suit..." You murmur awkwardly.

"Yes! I'll be right back!" He cheers disappearing.

"What...?" You and Demon say together. You pause and look at him as he peers into the room.

"What's he so excited about?" He asks. You offer him an awkward pout before Shanks reappears with a bunch of of bikinis on hangers. You blush wildly as Demon straightens.

"I got you a bunch! Theres one with skull, flowers, one with stripes." He shows them to you excitedly.

"Why do you have these at ready?" You ask awkwardly.

"Because every time I go out I see something that would look good on you and I just buy it for you!" He gushes.

"... Oh... Okay. Thanks." You smile a bit, picking one you liked. "Im going to try this on." You decide before closing the door and changing into it. You pause looking it over. "It fits good..." You breathe.

"___! I wanna see!" Shanks pleads and you pause, feeling a blush come to your cheeks.

"... Yeah alright...." You manage opening the door shyly. "I'm starting to rethink this though..." You rub your cheek looking down self-consciously.

"You look fine to me." Demon says simply.

"So cute! Oh! You need a ribbon around your neck!" Shanks gushes disappearing. You glance after him before looking to demon.

"Is it really okay?" You ask lightly.

"Of course." He breathes voice sounding gentle. You smile a bit at that, relaxing.

"Thanks Demon." You murmur. He looks away at that. You head back into your room and get dressed over the bathing suit and grabbing a backpack before going back out. "Okay I'm going! Thanks Shanks."

"No problem beautiful." He gushes, putting some towels and snacks into the backpack for you. "Have fun!" He waves you off cheerfully. You grin and go out at that. He chuckles lightly and takes out a camera. "I know what I'm doing today!"

You head out, smiling at Kid who waited outside in a black tanktop and red swim shorts. He offers a nod, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Alright, lets go." He hums tilting his head and starting off. You smile and follow after him quickly.

"Thanks for coming with me. The others would've made me too nervous." You murmur looking down.

Corpse Girl~  Ghoul! One Piece x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara