Karma

"Mr. Shanks this is too short." You step out of your room, tugging at the skirt uncomfortable.
"I think it's perfect, the top is nice fit too." He smiles, eyes sliding over your body until Demon punches the back of his head, making the redhead fall at your feet.
"Pervert! Go get the clothes we picked!" Demon snaps at him. Shanks rubs his head before looking up at you, pausing before smiling thoughtfully.
"Aww, those are really cute ___-chan." He smiles. "I like pandas too." For a moment you were confused before a wild blush comes over your face and you squeak, pressing your legs together and trying to hide your underwear.
"No! That's too far bastard!" Demon picks up the ghoul and throws him down the hall. "Don't come back until you learn some manners!" Demon shouts as Shanks rolls away.
"Are you okay ___?" Blank touches your shoulder carefully.
"I feel violated..." You whisper. The two ghouls shift at that.
"I'll get the other uniform!" Demon gasps before running off.
"I know why don't you sit on your bed." Blank hums. You nod going to your bed and sitting down, he moves a blanket over your lap. "There, feel better?" He inquires.
"Yeah..." You murmur. Had to admit, this was all sort of funny in a way. Felt nice to be around them.
"Hmm... Lets see your greeting, if you're going to be working at his shop you're going to have to greet guests." He hums thoughtfully, folding his arms. You blink and put a knuckle to your lip with a hum.
"Welcome, take a seat anywhere!" You smile up at Blank. There's a long pause.
"Again." He requests, "Just like that."
"Welcome, take a seat anywhere!" You repeat with a slight giggle.
"Now say it like you're greeting me." He rumbles.
"Welcome back Blank!" You chime. He straightens at that.
"Blank? Normally everyone calls me No Face."
"But you do have a face, it's just blank... And.. I think Blank is a cute nickname." You admit with a thoughtful smile.
"Heh... Alright, greet Demon-ya when he comes back then." He tells you. Ya... That was the second time he used that, the only person that you knew did that was Law. Then again, you didn't know a lot of people. Maybe it was a coincidence.
Demon carefully steps into your room, clothes in his arms. "Welcome back Demon!" You chime, giving him a warm smile. He freezes before dropping your clothes and walking out without a word. You blink and frown worriedly. "Did I do that bad?"
"No, that was really cute. He just couldn't handle it." Blank chuckles, retrieving the clothes Demon dropped and giving them to you. "Here, these should be more comfortable for you." He adds before going out. You change and relax, you liked this uniform a lot more, and you actually felt... Well, cute.
"How do I look? Is it okay?" You ask stepping out.
"So cute!" Shanks chimes hugging you. Blank karate chops him in the head.
"You're not allowed near her at the moment." Blank informs him when Shanks releases you to hold his head with a pout.
"Aww..." Shanks murmurs.
"That's what you get... Now get to work." Demon says stalking off.
"At least tell her what you think." Shanks smirks after the ghoul. Demon pauses, not looking back.
"It.... Suits you.... The uniform.." Demon grumbles loudly before disappearing into a room. You blink and smile a bit, you'd take it as a compliment.
"Alright, lets get going ___, I'll show you how to open the café." Shanks says, taking your hand and guiding you out. He sure was spritely in the mornings. It was kinda weird to think of a ghoul like this. He catches your gaze, "You're looking at me like I've surprised you again." He chuckles.
"Sorry, it'll take some getting used to, youre a lot like us." You smile thoughtfully.
"Yeah... You're smiling more. That's a good sign, you don't feel lonely anymore then?"
"No... It's weird, I've been all alone since my mom died when I was a kid. And now that feeling is gone after one night... Who knew it would've been thanks to ghouls..." You look at the sky. Shanks smiles, bringing you into his side.
"Good... I think you're going to fit right in." He rumbles unlocking the door and leading you into the café, showing you how to prepare it to open it. Law comes in near the end of it and you pause, remembering yesterday and feeling a wave of embarrassment. He also pauses, blinking at you.
"And Law can show you the ropes!" Shanks chimes before leaving you two alone. You really wish he hadn't. Before you can say anything, Law crosses the room and pulls you into a hug.
"I was worried when you left yesterday... I'm glad you seem better now." He says softly. You were in shock. What? You worried him?
"I... Don't understand... Why?" You look up at him confused. He smirks thoughtfully at that.
"You're really sweet, no one has ever offered to help me with the food. It would've been a shame if you never returned..." His smirk grows into a smile. "I look forward to working with you."
"Y-Yes, me too." You smile back. "I'll get started on today's cake then." You decide.
"Alright. Let me know if you need help with anything." He rumbles.
The bell rings and you look over as Killer comes in, hair pulled back in a ponytail, eyes and mouth still covered. "Morning Law, pretty girl." He waves, a smile in his voice.
"Morning Killer-ya, is Eustass-ya on his way?" Law inquires.
"He said he was going to take care of something, probably going to be late again." Killer shrugs. "I tried to call him back but he must've turned off his phone."
"Ah well, now that ___'s here we don't really need him." Law hums thoughtfully.
"D-Don't say that Law." You frown, it would make you feel bad if you replaced the redhead. "We'll still need him. I have no idea what I'm doing half of the time." You add sheepishly when they both look at you.
"What caused you to say that?" Law tilts his head. "He didn't bully you did he?" He deadpans.
"No, I don't defend people that bully me... It's just... I'd like to work with him, he seems interesting." You scratch your cheek. Law gaps at you while Killer chuckles.
"___-chan, when was the last time you had an eye exam?" Law inquires.
"Heh. I never heard someone say t before! Be careful pretty girl. He bites." Killer snickers. Both of their reactions threw you off. Was Kid really that bad? Then again even Lolli was afraid of him, but he did help you, in his own way.
"I'm not scared of him." You huff before focusing on making your cake. Killer tilts his head thoughtfully while Law simply smirks.
It was a steady flow of customers after that, and when you and Law finished the cake you were pleasantly surprised by the compliments about the cake.
Then a group a students came in. "Did you hear? Sakura Hime got killed by Demon this morning!" You overhear and pause that was one of Lolli's underlings.
"I heard that too! He tore her apart and slapped Lolli with one of her arms before leaving. Didn't even eat her! Just killed her for fun." Another says, they didn't seem heartbroken about it either.
"I guess that's karma." One shrugs. You cover your mouth giggling at that. Law looks over at that.
"What's so funny?" He asks. You just shake your head, starting to laugh more, hands moving to hold your sides. When was the last time you've laughed like this? And over something so dark... Did Demon do that for you?
"I think the new girl has lost her mind." Kid comments coming over. You look up still giggling and give him a smile.
"Oh, welcome back Kid!" You giggle cheerfully. He freezes before walking away at that. "Huh? Did I say something wrong?" You look to Law.
"Don't worry about it, he probably wasn't expecting you to greet him." Law chuckles. You get back to work after that, feeling good.
Law and Killer left near closing time so Kid had to show you how to close the café. "Alright, after we clean and put everything back we have to make sure the electrical stuff is off. Then we lock everything up and go. Shanks will return later or early in the morning to count the register." He says bored as he demonstrates everything. You follow him out so he can lock the doors.
"Okay, got it. Thanks Kid." You hum. He pauses glancing at you before rubbing his neck.
"I'll walk you home, it's dangerous at night." He says.
"Oh, alright... Do you live nearby?" You ask as you lead the way.
"I guess..." He shrugs looking to the side. Wow, he sure built his walls high, must be thick walls too...
"Well... Thank you, it was sweet of you to offer, but I don't live very far." You smile at him, going to the door. He just shrugs glancing at you. "Well, goodnight... And please be careful Kid. I'd be sad if I never saw you again." You add before going inside. Kid stares at the door with a blush.
"What did you say that for?... Idiot..." He grumbles.
"Shanks?" You call lightly.
"He's still out, are you hungry? We got food for you." Blank holds up a bag of takeout. You blink and smile.
"Thanks, I am pretty hungry." You smile, did you even eat today? Oops... Blank leads you into the dining room at that and you sit down to eat. "What about you? Do you guys still have food?"
"Yes, as long as none of us get hurt, what we have now should last two more days." He informs you, sitting beside you.
"Then I can take you guys back to the morgue, they clear out the old ones every week or so." You hum eating.
"Then you're going to need a mask." He says thoughtfully.
"Really?" You blink in surprise. He gives a nod in response.
"What are you going on about NoFace?" Demon huffs coming in.
"I think ___ should have a mask if she's going to help us collect food." Blank rumbles.
"Good idea." Demon hums before catching your gaze. "What are you looking at?"
"Did you kill one of those girls today? One of the ones that put me in the restricted woods?" You ask him. Blank straightens in surprise at that while Demon shifts.
"What about it?" He inquires. You blink and smile, he was going to be your karma then. You get up and swiftly get on your tiptoes to hug his neck. The ghoul almost turns to stone at that.
"Thank you. I haven't laughed in a long time until today." You breathe.
"Get off me! Go back over there! Now!" He snaps. You giggle and do so, starting to eat again. He relaxes at that and growls. "Don't you know that's dangerous? What if I had been hungry?!" He scolds. You pause and look at him calmly.
"Then I would've let you take a bite. I don't mind feeding you... It is thanks to you that I'm not alone anymore." You offer a smile.
"You... You're insane..." He mutters. You just shrug and finish eating.
"I just don't want to run away from you, even when you're scary." You tell him simply as you clean up. "Im gonna go to bed then. Goodnight." You hum, hugging Blank and touching Demon's arm as you pass. They watch you go before Blank removes his mask.
"I've just decided. I won't hide from her." Law breathes before glancing at Demon. "You should be a bit nicer to her." He adds before going to his room. Demon's shoulders droop at that.
"I am..."