Eighteen: A Long Day At The Hospital

Bit of a longer chapter for you guys because I've had you waiting longer than usual, sorry!
-

Alex's POV

I watched Lukas leave the restaurant with an upset look on his face. However, I continued to eat my food, which took me around five minutes. After I'd finished eating, I sat back in my seat and sighed, wondering what I could do to make Lukas feel better. I realised it probably wasn't the best idea to let him go outside alone while he was upset, so I stood up from my seat and left some money on the table so the restaurant didn't think I was leaving without paying.

Lukas had already been out there for around five or ten minutes, so I walked outside and looked around. I firstly looked in the car park for him, but he wasn't there. I walked back to the entrance of the restaurant and looked around there, which was when I saw an alleyway down the side of the building, so I headed towards there. I looked down the alleyway, but he wasn't there either. However, my eyes moved down to the floor where I saw a half smoked cigarette burning away, which could possibly have been Lukas'.

"Lukas? Are you around here?" I shouted down the alleyway as I began to slowly walk down it.

I heard a quiet voice around the corner of the alleyway, but I wasn't sure what or who it was. I walked further down the alley, when I heard my name being called by the same voice, except it was a little louder this time, and croaky.

"Lukas?" I shouted back in response as I walked further. I wasn't sure what was ahead, so I walked slowly and cautiously. I hesitantly turned the corner, my eyes suddenly widening as I looked down at Lukas.

"Lukas!" I exclaimed, quickly kneeling down next to him, my heart dropping into my stomach.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked, worry in my tone as tears filled my eyes. He had blood all over his shirt, his jeans and on the ground, as a knife stuck in his stomach. His mouth moved as if he was trying to say something, but nothing came out.

I took a deep breath, my heart throbbing. I couldn't think straight and I didn't know what to do. But I took another deep breath and concentrated, then pressed my hands against the wound on Lukas' stomach.

"Lukas I-I don't know what to do, no one can hear me around here." I stuttered nervously, my hands pressed against his wound to help stop the bleeding. He didn't reply, he just stared at the floor, his eyes getting heavier and heavier. Tears were streaming down my face at this point, I had no idea what to do.

I moved one hand from his stomach and rested it on his cheek, causing his eyes to open a little wider. I stared into his eyes, a worried look on my face as I spoke to him.

"Lukas, I'm gonna have to lift you up, I need help I-I don't know what to do." I told him, but he didn't respond, he just looked at me, his eyes unfocused and slowly closing.

I wrapped an arm around Lukas and wrapped his arm around the back of my neck, trying my best to avoid touching the knife sticking out of his stomach as I lifted him up. I carried him around the corner, but stopped walking when Lukas' body collapsed onto me, all of his weight suddenly falling onto me, causing me to almost fall.

"Lukas, no, no, no." I quietly cried, more tears welling up in my eyes in worry and fear.

I managed to carry him a little further into the light, but I couldn't lift him anymore. The tears continued to fall from my eyes, despite me trying to swallow them in order to help Lukas.