Twenty Six: An Interview and A Dinner

Around a week and half passed by and I woke up early as I had an appointment at the hospital to get my stitches out. It was around 9am as I walked downstairs to get my breakfast.

However, when I walked into the kitchen, my eyes widened in horror as I watched my dad and some woman do dirty things with each other against the kitchen counter.

I gasped loudly, catching their attention, before spinning around and rushing out of the kitchen, almost slamming into the wall.

"Shit!" My dad exclaimed as I heard commotion in the kitchen.

I sat in the living room, slightly freaking out and waiting until I knew it was safe for me to actually make my breakfast.

It took my dad about a minute to sort himself out before he rushed into the living room, apologising to me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd wake up yet I'm really sorry." Dad apologised, his breath heavy.

His face was as red as a tomato, but I'm pretty sure mine was too.

I quickly got over the awkwardness and forced a grin on my face, "don't let me stop you from having a woman over in your own house."

"Are you sure?" Dad asked, an awkward look on his face.

The sooner I get this over with and forget about it, the better.

I nodded and smiled as confidently as I could, "yes. I'm glad you're moving on."

Dad frowned, "what do you mean?"

"Well you've hardly held a relationship since you and mum split up. That's like fifteen years." I replied, raising my eyebrows. "I mean I know you've had women, but you've never had a proper relationship with them." I continued.

"What makes you think I'm in a relationship with her?" Asked dad, raising his eyebrows.

"Well are you?"

Dad looked down and grinned, "yeah."

"Good for you," I smiled, "also I need a ride to the hospital, I'm getting my stitches out."

"Shit, yeah." Dad nodded as his lady friend walked into the living room.

This is awkward.

She walked towards us and sat down next to my dad, before holding her hand out, "hi, I'm Kate."

I smiled and shook her hand, finding the situation slightly awkward.

Oh my god, I hope that's not the hand she used on my dad.

I'm about to throw myself into moving traffic, that image will never leave my mind.

"Kate, I have to take Lukas to the hospital to get his stitches out, you can come if you want or you can stay here, or go, whatever you want." Dad told her.

"I'll come with you, if that's alright." Kate replied. My dad nodded in response and smiled.

A while after, the three of us were in the waiting room in the hospital. We sat in silence for a while, before Kate began speaking.

"Can I ask what you got stitches for? Unless it's private." Kate asked in a polite tone.

I hesitated for a second as I didn't really like bringing it up, but I told her anyway.

"Um, I was stabbed a few weeks ago." I told her.

A frown appeared on her face, as did a look of sympathy.