Twenty Five: A Dinner With A Twist

Just a tiny bit of mature content at the end ;) actually read the chapter though it's not that interesting lmao

-

Alex's POV

I walked into the hallway with my dad who was still glaring at me. I frowned at him as we made eye contact.

"What exactly do you mean by it's on your social media?" Dad began, sounding annoyed. I sighed and took a deep breath, ready to explain myself.

"I put it on my Instagram and some other stuff because-"

"Why the fuck did you do that?!" Dad snapped, interrupting me.

"Because I-"

"The whole fucking world doesn't need to know you're gay, especially other business owners that have deals with us!" Dad snapped again.

"You asked me why I did it so let me speak!" I yelled back at my dad. Dad straightened his posture slightly before speaking again.

"What reason's good enough for you to risk the entire company?!" My dad spat.

"I'm not risking..." I stopped myself from shouting and sighed, before continuing a different sentence. "Do you remember Emily? My ex?"

My dad nodded, his jaw clenching, waiting for me to continue.

"Well we broke up all because of me being gay, but we've been friends since then and suddenly she's angry with me again. That then resulted in her outing me to social media. However I knew she was going to do it, so I put it on social media before she could." I explained as calmly as I could.

"Well I haven't heard about this." Dad replied calmly.

"Yeah well you would've done sooner or later, but you heard it from me. And I prefer you hear it from me rather than social media." I responded, sighing in frustration.

"What exactly did she put on social media? What did she say about you?" Dad asked.

"It's not what she wrote, it's the photo she posted." I said, sighing once again.

"And what would that be?"

I took a deep breath, "Lukas in there, he's not just my friend...he's my boyfriend, dad."

My dad's eyes widened and his arms dropped to his sides.

"She...she snuck into my house and took a photo of us...kissing. That's what she posted online." I told him, looking down at the floor.

"You've still risked a lot. You've risked everything I've built, Alex. There's a reason I didn't give Ollie the company and that's because of his sexuality. I've done all I can to protect this company and you've thrown it right back in my face." Dad told me sternly, his voice scarily quiet but audible.

My expression dropped and my heart practically broke.

"Yeah I know exactly why you didn't give Ollie the company and it's exactly why I never wanted to tell you I'm gay."

"Don't you dare blame this on me, you've put my company in danger-"

"What are you talking about? And your company?! You gave me the fucking company, it's mine now! And you know what dad, I lost one fucking deal because of it, that's it, because they're apparently homophobic, but guess what?" I paused and took a deep breath, while my dad managed to keep his mouth shut for a few seconds.

"I gained three more company deals because of this, so don't you dare ever blame me for fucking things up when I actually made things better." I ranted, before beginning to walk away. My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me back as he sighed.