Prologue: Change the Reality

10 Years earlier

10:00 AM

"Oh, look, there comes the freak." 

The ugly laughter of the boy underlined the exclamation when he pointed his finger at the girl, the laughter of his water carriers joined him. You walked on without a word and sat down in the canteen in a empty corner. Without any words, you put the muddy broth in your mouth. You were already used to being exposed to the laughter of the people. Three more girls sat down to you.

"Just don't listen to these idiots," said the blonde of the three laughing. 

"Yes, these are all stupid rumors," agrees the other . 

Not a bit changed the expression in your monotonous looking face. Perhaps you could have been happy that somebody was talking to you at all in this school. But these three weren't your friends , not after you recognized that it was only the money of your family which made them so attached to you.

"Jerks ...", you whispered so softly that it went down in the noise of the cafeteria.

  'Last year they did not forget my birthday'.  

Yes, right, today was your birthday but as every year it was just a day. Just a day like everyone else.

"What did you say?"

 One of the three seemed to have heard your whisper. You ignored the question, today you really didn't want to mess with them. 

"You know ... these rumors you'd her voices in your head ..." the dark-haired simply continued, regardless of how you taught her that you don't wanted to talk. "... total nonsense !".

It was not.

 You heard them, these voices. Since you did touch this artifact. ..They spoke in a foreign language, and yet you understood them. They did not speak to you. They were talking to each other.Shoting commands. Fighting. telling each other  that it was over... and...about a never-ending war. But not today. 

Now you were alone in your thoughts.

01:25 PM

"____! Wait!"

After the bell rang, you were immediately stormed out to escape the roaring noise of the crowds. One of them had followed you. One of your former mobs. His name was Dani. That's what you did believe at least.

"____, I wanted, -", he was cut off.
"Go away Dani!" One of your three false friends cried out. You and one of them shared the same way home.

"Wa , - I Could tell you the same thing. Lickspittle!"

"Leave her  alone!"

"Keep your mouth shut! I just wanted to apologize. What I did some time ago wasn't nice. I do not know what you're hearing in your head....or if you even hear something ... but ... ", his gaze was full of honest remorse as he looked up at you and a rare feeling came over you. "... I was stupid to do the same as the others and to... make fun of you."

You stared at him in surprise. You were somehow ... relieved. That he didn't understand,  but tried to show understanding.

"Of course, she does not hear voices! You jackass!"

The girl barked again at him and you noticed something inside of you. A wall that should protect you, now falling into pieces.

"But I do!"