Chapter Seven : Almost Carefree

You suppressed a soft giggle.

"Hold still Cliff."

"Then stop tickling me."

Undeterred, you continued with thefinishing touch of the polish on the red car and shook your head indisbelief.

"I do not even scratch yoursurface."

"Of course not. Are you peoplescratching each other when you're tickling? "

"What? Of course not."

In short, you had to imagine thestrange picture of two bots trying to tickle each other. Yup. Thatwas strange. You quickly finished your work and looked at it a bitexhausted but satisfied. With one hand you stroke the now smoothsurface. Just as it should be.

"You seem to be completely in yourelement."

Surprised, you turned around andreturned the cheeky look of the only femme and the green Scraper. Youhad not heard their engines, but you were glad they were back. Aftera while, Optimus had disappeared into the back of the base whileRatchet paged wordlessly at the machine.

You just wanted to answer, but Cliffdid not give you the time to answer.

"You can say that again!"

When the red bot took on its alt-mode,you took a step back.

"I had to keep silence for half aneternity and the Doc was not allowed to take a wrong step if his lifewas dear to him."

Cliff exaggerated again. You needednot more then one hour. A best time like you found.

"Well, it doesn't lok bad."

"That's what I would say",You also participated in the conversation.

You lock the lid of the paint again.You had enough left for another round.

"Next its ... Ratchet's turn."

You said it extra loud and quitenonchalantly. Ratchet had been with you while you did the paintjob... at least most of the time. He did not leave his spot veryoften.

"Not. Even. In. Your. Dreams "Wasthe only answer you got and he did not even look at you.

"What a pity.", The irony inyour voice was hard to miss when you played the disappointed. "Yourshell is so rough, it could handle a smoothing."

With your arms on your hips, you givethe medic a sardonic look. In fact, it was reciprocated for a briefmoment by burning blue optics. These seemed less pleased.

"Well, if the Doc wants to missthat, then one of you has to serve."

In his natural energetic way, Cliffbroke the silence and looked at his two teammates. These threwthemselves a short uncertain look.