Chapter Six: A Strange Meeting

Chapter 6

During the drive, an unpleasant silencespread across the air.  At least that's how it felt. You've neverbeen very good at approaching people, so you also didn't have anygood conversation topics today. Actually, this had always beensomehow easier with the Prime, when he only existed as a voice in yourcrazy mind. That had been different than standing face to facewith someone. Maybe you could talk about the weather? Heh, no, youhad not sunk so low yet. Besides, you did not like small talk. Whatwas going on with you? You were still friends, right? Silently, youwatched the steering wheel in front of you for a few minutes, movingas if by magic. In the case of a case you still preferred to have thetax within reach.

"T-Thank you for driving me."

Finally you manage to say . He had justarrived at the base, you wonder if he might need a break. AlthoughCybertronians were persistent, you are still a little worried.

There followed a brief moment ofsilence. You were afraid to get no answer when he broke it then.

"Do not worry ___."

"You know that's not possible."

He has known you long enough to knowthat your thought-train was unstoppable.

Surprisingly, you heard a small, deeplaugh. Or did you just imagine it? It caused a small smile on yourlips and you could feel the tension slowly fading from your body. Itwas strange. As if you share his emotion. You regret not having seenit, but were relieved that the conversation began to feel like theones back then.

"How are you?"

His tone became a little more serious,but remained gentle.

"Funny. I wanted to ask you thesame question. "

At least you had thought about asking.It was not easy, because you knew that his answer was never quitetrue. He was the leader, he had to be strong for the team. In hisopinion. But you were not stupid. You escaped a soft sigh. He hadasked first and now that there was again a strange silence it was probably your turn to answer.

"Fine."

The answer shot you so short and tightfrom the mouth without thinking about it. It did not sound veryconvincing.

How were you doing? You have had nopain for a while. You did not feel bad, but ...

You spent a lot of time in your room.To be alone was nothing unusual for you, only the sudden silence inyour thoughts often pressed on the back of your head. It was just so... empty. Besides, you felt like you were useless. You knew that wasnot true. But all you have done so far was almost killing yourselfand worrying everyone. In the end you were just a millstone aroundthe neck of the team.

Deep in thought, you did not notice thesilence around you. You raised your head slightly and looked at theradio. Because his voice probably spoke of it in your opinion. Youfelt caught. Why did you feel caught? Probably because he would neverbelieve you that. Damn it.