Chapter Four: Pleading is not an Option. Yet.

Days had passed before you  felt fit again and could  leave your room without pain. Again and again you had heard the throb in your head and it seemed as if it would never say goodbye. Ratchet couldn't help you, and although Optimus had already considered a hospital, you found this too rash. Especially since the doctors there probably also couldn't help.

Promptly you decide to take the matter into your own hands. It was not as if you couldn' t bear the pain, but it motivated you to do something.

Very skeptical, the Medic had eyed you when you asked for an Energon sample. Not one of his blood, but pure energon. That served fresh to fill their tanks. There was a need for perseverance, but finally you were successful. Well ... It depends how to define "Successful". He had not given you more than a thimble, apparently he didn't wanted to be responsible if you were going to do something 'stupid'.

But surely Ratchet wouldn't be able to stop you from that.

The energon was a pure source of energy. Though it was only a thimble, you felt your warmth and it calmed you. Pain, if you had it, glimmered. Every cell in your body responded to the turquoise fluid.

Why?

While you were eating a sandwich at the edge of the platform,  but your thoughts laid only on this one question. A question that you did not find an answer to and that gnawed at you.
You took the last bite. You  didn't eat enough , but it had to be enough because your fridge was empty.

Quickly you stood up and looked at Ratchet.
For a long time you had rebelled against it. It bothered you to ask for advice, but it seemed as you had no other option.
You had already questioned Blukhead, but his theories were limited to a minimum and were very unlikely.
You did not make a judgment, but ... He was not a scientist.

He was probably one of the few who could help you, perhaps, but only perhaps.
So you went up the stairs to the platform to talk to him on the same level.

"Hey."

Your voice was slightly louder, but somehow it did not penetrate the Medic, which focused on some notes.
Easily you twisted your eyes. He reminded you of yourself - to your sorrow.

"Ratchet!"

Now he finally looked up, just as slightly annoyed as you.
"What do you want now, ___?"
You let a short break to find the right words. It would scratch your proud to ask the stubborn doctor for help.

"Forget it, I will not give you any more Energon," he said suddenly. Apparently, he expected you to want more. You wanted more... Secretly, but not now.
"That's not it! It's ... The question you asked me a few days ago. "

Inquiringly, he looked at you, not yet exactly knowing what you wanted from him. You were hard pressed to express yourself more clearly. Couldn't he just understand what you were trying to ask?
Probably not. You wouldn't either.
After the short silence you sighted.

"Why I've touched the energon. Why did you ask me that? "

Ratchet's expression didn't change and you hoped that you wouldn't regret asking him. But even though you didn't have a good start with him and, also, not a good continuation. With the time it didn't seemed like he would just hate you and push you away because of this reason.
It was more than he was constantly worried and the distancing a simple feature, against what caused this concern. At least you thought so. This made it no less annoying but easier to understand.

"Your answer. This is the effect Energon usually has on Cybertronians. Energon is our vitality, it is naturally foreseen that it has a positive effect on us, also before taking it in. "

His answer made you skeptical. That explains why you feel so much better in its presence.
"Energon is probably also working the same way on people." You thought out loud. 

"I thought that at first. But it's wrong."

Your eyes widened slightly before you clasped the railings with your hands.
Wrong? It was a logical explanation, but Ratchet seemed to be more enlightened than you. Well, what could the Medic know what you don't. Your thoughts rattled as you looked thoughtfully into the depths.

"You humans often came to next proximity to Energon. But there aren't any reports of injured persons. "

Outraged, you looked up. Yeah of course he knew better.
"So what? This doesn't mean,-"

"There were only deaths reported."
Horrified, you looked into his serious optics. After that, you slowly lowered your eyes and shook your head. Yes he knew.
"In addition, the humans are avoiding the Energon."

"That can't be. That would have been made public. In this case, the whole world would know that you should keep away from this substance! ", You simply ignored his sentence.

"This would be a plausible reaction."
He acknowledged. You felt that he was still eyeing you and decided to avoid his gaze.
For a moment you noticed that he had informed himself. Not because he needed. Probably he...

"But the people preferred to keep it secret for their research purposes." He left a short pause, so you had time to answer, but you kept silent.

  ... no. Probably it was just in the name of science.  

"And they have just figured out as much as you: Nothing."

Although his words provoked, you didn't react. He was right.
You did not know anything about the Autobots. Even less about Energon and now your head realized creepingly clear: your reaction to Energon wasn't normal. At least not for a human being.
It was not the reaction people usually had with it. You weren't dead, you even liked his presence.

Maybe you should be shocked, but you weren't shocked at all.  You felt a unhealthy  relief grow in you.

I always were different.
That's why you where here in the first place.

"You react like a Cybertronian to Energon. That's ... Something new. "

Very nice Ratchet, but what did this mean for you?

"I need more Energon."

"No."

"It's important."

"I said no."

"I need it for something... its important to me, I...,-"

 What were you doing? He wouldn't give in, why open to him? 

 It was worth a try. But you weren't the typ of human who would give up so soon. You needed that Energon. Not because it worked like a painkiller on you, but because it contained answeres.

"Okay. I'll get it in the mine if you don't." A crafty smile crept on your face. Now you got him.

The Bot wanted to complain loudly as someone else raised the voice.

"Hey you two."

The green giant paused as he saw you both standing frozen there. It was not an everyday opportunity to interrupt both of you during a conversation. You realized the tennsion in the air in the room just know. 
"Is everything... OK?"

As if nothing had happened, you turned away from Ratchet, but not without giving him an cunning look. You hoped that you had not  exposed so much nonsense for nothing. Suddenly something rolled over your mind , something what you hadn't even thought: That Ratchet might possibly tell the others. You trusted him to do so, after all, these were his trusted team-mates. First of all, he was probably talking to Optimus. Damn it.
How did it happen that you were here that you were acting so rashly.

"All in order bulkhead.", You confirmed while you reached the end of the stairs. "I just don't have any food and 'need to go to the city."
It had not been the topic of the talk, but it wasn't a lie. You looked up at him.
"Oh, well, that's no problem. I'll drive you. "
Thats exactly the answer you had hoped for. You field relief as he transformed himself. Blukhead was the most bullish bot in the entire base, but he was more sensitive than the most.
Probably he knew it was better not to ask what you had talked about.