Chapter One: First Point of View

Ratchets POV

Quiet some time had passed since the Decepticons were causing trouble, and for almost two weeks this human girl was on the HQ with them.

Concentrated he tapped on the keyboard of their devices.

Ratchet had been against the idea to let her stay, but his friend and leader had obviously disagreed. It was too dangerous to leave ther alone, for her and for the team.

He knew the reason why he thought so.

But the Medic couldn't explain how this was possible. If she were a Cybertronian he would surely have found a solution to this problem, but he knew little about the human species, and what he knew made him realize just how impossible this phenomenon was.

How could it be that she could hear Optimus talking at a great distance, not only him, but also the sounds in his environment? He could hear her in return, but that was no comfort. Not at all.

Investigations denied this stubborn thing to him and his pride was too great to begin to study the human race.

This did not change his view that she had lost nothing in the base. As long as no one finds out about her ability, no one would find her as long as she were far away from them. As far as he knew, he and Optimus were the only ones who knew about the conection. He did not want to question Optimus' decision, but he did not like it.

>"Hey Ratchet, you can get us back now." <

Cliffjumpers' voice was clear to hear through the communication system as he asked to open the Groundbridge. He and ____ were at their command acquiering "important" material. "Immediately."

Not a minute later, the Groundbridge opened and the red car went through . The girl climbed out of Cliffjumper, but he lingered in his vehicle mode .

"You've been away for more than two hours," a simple statement and a little reproach could be heard out of his voice as he eyed the two, while ____ took heavy bags out of the back seat and trunk.

"____ just took an eternity to find her stuff," his team mate replied amused and ____ put the last bag aside.

"For sure. And  I also were the one who had to race a few rounds around the city. "

She countered just as playfully, but it was impossible to recognize except for their tone that she was just getting on his sting. Cliffjumper, on the other hand, changed his mode. "Touché," and raised several bags to the door of the room to which she was referring.

Yes. There was a room right under the centra platform. Until now, it had been unused. The door was too small for a bot to enter, and humans in the base were usually a rarity. Ratchet watched the scenario for a moment, then turned back towards the monitors.

"Where are the others?" She asked. Besides the Medic there had been no one else in the base when they arrived.

"They're looking for Energon signatures." Ratchet gave her a cold look. He was sure Cliffjumper had done the same when he "raced-a-few-rounds" . ___ seemed to understand, because she frowned , when she gave the red bot a questioning look. Which confirmed her assumption with an excusing smile.

"I Understand."

The suspicious look of the Medic and the girl met briefly, but at the same time parted again.

He had no desire to deal with ___, talking to her was virtually impossible as stubborn as she was.

He did not know what she wanted to do with the stuff in the bags, but he guessed it was some kind of human-thing. With a sensor he still herad how she gave Cliff to understood that she would need some time until she was finished. The door close and Ratchet felt the look of his comrade resting on him.

For a moment it was quiet, a way too short moment.

"Slightly more icy and the base freezes."

Ratchet could not help but roll his eyes. Cliffjumper knew how to express himself on everything. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied without turning to him.

"You still haven't accepted her." It was not a question but a statement. The red bot smiled knowingly as Ratchet gave him a look.

"Exactly, I'm still the one with the opinion that she has not lost anything here." His strict voice said clear . Certainly, she could also hear this, but this didn't bother him. She knew anyway.

"She seems to be a sort of ... scientist. She can surely be a great help for you . "He looked at him appeasing, in vain.

"Quite a stubborn and self-confident."

„There I know someone else."

The two of them looked at each other for a filled second before Cliffjumper continued:

"Come on Ratchet, she's really nice if you get to know her better."

The Medic broke the eye contact. He could not believe that he had thought about it for a moment. Surely what he said to him was true, but this did simply not change facts. Someone from the team tried to reach Ratchet via com and the conversation was terminated.

Nevertheless, she was human. Sooner or later this would cause problems

________________________________________________

Please inform me of spelling errors and  slips in the gramar ;)

~ SEca