Chapter Five: Red Color Paint

There had been a few weeks in which the team was hardly able to meet you. Actually, you did not want to avoid them intentional. Most of the time you spent in your room and tried your luck with Energon. Since Ratchet had not given you anything more, you didn't ask again. You decided that you had to get along with what you had left.

As it seemed, the Medic had kept the matter to himself and you thought it would be better if no one heard of it. You were sure that none of them would be very happy about it.

Quite simply, it was not so easy. Even if you did not say anything, the alliance existed between you and Optimus. As long as you were near each other, you did not hear each other but slowly you thought you felt more. Though it could be simple imagination ...

Be that as it may. You were sure to find out more about this substance. To do there was only one thing: experimentation. Although you already had experience in chemistry, you had always been more of a technician. It was not self-evident to you but until now nothing serious had happened. The five steps of science were not too difficult to follow for Noobs either.

On organic meat it etched in its raw form. Just as on metal, only that this was not etched, but only superficially damaged.

Your hand, on the other hand, had not carried the slightest injury.

So much for continuity.

Testing the fluid for heat proved to turn out to be one of your worst ideas.

It was no more than a drop and yet he caused a bang that did not go unnoticed.

BOOM

Smoke choked tears in your eyes, and you coughed out of the room. A smoke cloud escaped as you opened the door.

"In the name of Cybertron ... what are you doing?"

Still slightly coughing, you looked up at the orange bot and wiped your tears from the corner of your eyes.

Slowly you stepped away from the door.

"I had a stupid idea."

On this answer you received a sigh, and the Medic turned away again.

"Well, that's nothing new."

A light smile crept on your face as you rolled your eyes.

This got noticed by Cliffjumper, who was lured by the bang. You o noticed him the moment he reported.

"It does not look like I'm the only one with good mood today."

Not knowing what he was talking abot at all, Ratchet turned to him briefly, before turning away, shaking his head. You, on the other hand, gave the red bot a friendly look and approached. It was true. Since your silly accident a few weeks had passed and since then you had fully recovered. Your conversations with the bots were otherwise positive, it actually felt as if you would get to know them better.

You had even learned to deal better with Ratchet's self-sacrificing nature, which was often quite similar to yours. At least a little bit.

"I thought you were with the rest on patrol."

They still drove every day to rattle the area. Not just because of the Energon. They said it was because of Energon but also because of the Decepticons. Even though Optimus did not say it often. Although there was still no sign of them, he always worried about it.

"Not today. The Doc says I should drive down a course and cool down. "

He sounded quite unconvinced by this idea. A quiet sigh escaped your lips and you put your hands on your hip.