Prologue

I sat there on the edge of the building with my feet dangling in the air. A lit cigarette was what I held between my fingers and poisonous clouds left my mouth with heavy sighs filled with pain. The world looked sad today. The sky was grey and a heavy fog swallowed the streets under my feet.

"Jungkook."

A soft voice with a scent of mixed emotions blew into the quiet air behind me in a clear whisper.

I turn my head emotionlessly and eyes empty, but feel a big smile on my lips and soul bubble up with warmth as my eyes meet hers.

"Hey" I said and stood up, putting out the cigarette.

Amazing how people's states of minds can change that drastically from just having the person they love endlessly stand in front of them, isn't it?

However, my bright face soon fades as her facial expression is blank and cold. Suddenly it feels as if my heart was coated with heavy, anxious, dark, fear.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a shaky voice.

She stared at me in a such cold and heartless way it broke me in a million pieces. Her words had already been mouthed. Not through her mouth, but through her eyes. Still there was a glimpse of hope in me, naively.

Then it came. The words filled the air with roughness and cold, emotionless violence.

"I'm breaking up with you."

Cold, wet bead ran down my cheeks, leaving trails which the cold wind kissed as it passed by and froze them.

"I'm leaving you because of that."

She pointed at the crumpled cigarette that was pressed against cement by my left foot. She sighed and left. Just like that.

I felt empty. I felt as if a black hole had replaced my heart and was killing me in a rapid speed while leaving me in nothing but endless darkness. Emotions hit me in a wave all at once so quickly I had no idea what to feel. It didn't seem real.

For weeks I felt pain and fear of loosing you forever, and for weeks I searched for you as when I ran to your house everything was gone and it all stood empty. I began loosing hope.

Then one day I was walking in the rain with my head hung low. I was walking to the nearest coffee shop but made a sharp halt when I saw a familiar back on the other side of the glass door. Her's

With a mix of sudden happy emotions I placed my hand on the door handle. I wanted to tell her how I quit my unhealthy habit for her sake so bad. She turned around. It was her. But just as I was about to open the door I saw a sight which made me immediately halt.

A guy walked up to her and placed his hands on her waist with a smirk. I wanted to walk up to him and puch him, but to my surprise she smiled. Happily. Then, she threw her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his.

Once again I stood there dumbfoundedly, now in the rain. The way back home was lonely and painful. Between my lips was a cigarette, and I whispered to myself..

"I should really quit my unhealthy habit: loving you."

-------

A/N: This is a brief summary of Jungkook's past which is why he is the way he is.

- chaeran