{06. "I know that."}

Niall pounces onto his owner's bed in glee, his tail wagging as he stares down at Liam. He groans softly but opens his eyes, a smile coming across his face when he sees Niall.

"Well, good morning, and happy birthday," he states to the kitten before he grins from ear to ear. Niall couldn't be more excited because Liam has a lot of things planned for today.

"G'mornin, and thank y-you." A blush coats Niall's cheeks.

Liam looks at him happily. Today is the day where Liam will spoil him with anything that the kitten desires, no matter how extreme. Niall has stolen his heart and much more, but he hasn't caught strong feelings, though.

"It's no problem, little one. I'm sure you are excited for today? I can tell because of your tail and that beautiful grin."

Niall blushes even more before nodding, getting closer to his owner as his heart is beating out of his chest. "'s not beautiful, Li. But thank you... a-again."

Liam smirks a bit and nods, moving his right hand to the kitten's fluffy, blonde hair.

He begins petting him at first, then he starts scratching at his head seconds later. Niall purrs and eases in closer to Liam's touch, a bigger smile on his face as he feels loved and safe.

Niall eventually lays down on Liam's lap and purrs even louder, making Liam grin and coo. "We can either do this all day, which would be okay, or we can start your birthday, little one."

Niall's ears perk up and he looks at Liam. "Both," he asks in a soft voice, and Liam can't help but coo at the adorable kitten again.

He nods, wanting to make Niall happy. "Both are okay, little one. I'll try and do both for you."

Niall grins big and kisses Liam's cheek and nose, making Liam blush before Niall goes over to the clock.

"'s 10:32, LiLi. Niall is hungry."

Liam nods and gets up and out of bed, only wearing sweatpants, which makes Niall blush.

Niall admires how confident and amazing Liam is everyday, and he wishes to be just like him as the year goes by. It's hard as a lot of people seem to judge him because of how he appears to be: a disgusting hybrid.

"What would you like for breakfast," Liam asks his kitten as they enter the kitchen, comedic laughter coming from the living room as Louis and Zayn must be watching something together.

"Hmm... Niall would like some blueberry pancakes. You make them so well."

Liam smiles faintly but nods, getting the ingredients and the pan out.

Niall couldn't admire anything else about his caretaker. He is the most perfect human specimen to ever step foot on this planet, and no one could be better in Niall's eyes. Not even himself, or his deceased parents, who he talks to every night, when he can.

He sits down on the counter and watches Liam make plenty of pancakes for themselves, plus Zayn and Louis.

This is a daily thing for the both of them as they always eat breakfast together and since Liam works at home everyday, which he doesn't mind it at all. He loves spending his time with his kitten for as long as he can everyday.

He rarely goes to the office anymore, and that's because it's easier to work at home, and it's easier with Niall next to him. He gives the man more motivation, and he calms him down when he gets frustrated. The hybrid is truly a blessing for him.

Liam turns his focus to Niall as the pancake aroma fills their nostrils. A bright smile is on Niall's face and Liam can't help but coo. "You are a beautiful kitten," he states, making Niall blush.

"I-I don't think so... you are j-just saying th-that," Niall sputters, shaking his head slightly.

Liam continues to look at him, his heart pumping against his chest. Liam doesn't compliment him a lot, but when he does, Niall gets really flustered. "You don't trust me? Because I'm intimidating," Liam inquires, stepping up to Niall after flipping the pancakes, a smirk across his face.

Liam can be intimidating, but he would never hurt his hybrid, even if it was for something he has always wanted. Nothing could make him hurt his little one.

"You are m-much bigger th-than Niall, L-Liam," Niall points out, the blush coated on his cheeks becoming dark as Liam steps even closer to him. Niall hates to admit it, but he wants to be closer to Liam. He has gathered a small liking towards him, even though he knows that it wouldn't work out.

"Well, you shouldn't be afraid of me. I am your caretaker now," Liam then points out, placing his soft, right hand against the adorable kitten's cheek. He plants a soft kiss to his nose before Niall quickly kisses his back.

"Niall knows th-that, LiLi. 'm just a bit worried that you will leave me."

Liam's mood softens as he begins to pout. He would never do such a thing. "Don't ever think like that, little one. This place is your home, I am your home, and I'm never getting rid of you, even if you beg me to do so. I love and care for you so much, and I don't care if some people find you disgusting, because you are beautiful, just the way you are. I know that."

Niall blushes even harder, and a small tear slips down his right cheek before he wraps his arms around Liam, sniffling against his neck. "Thank you, L-LiLi... so m-much."

Liam smiles and kisses his head softly.

"It's no problem at all. You're never leaving my side."

Niall then pulls away with a gentle smile across his face before Liam continues to make the pancakes. "Unless you want to leave?"

Niall shakes his head. A light chuckle slips past Liam's lips.

"N-Niall is never leaving Liam. Never..."