Rainy

A/N: inspired by the fact that it has been raining like crazy here in southern California. Hope you guys like this one, I kinda like it. But im trying to make these a little longer, so far not working.

Send me requests if you have anything you want to read. Comment vote and stuff. Also never be too shy to talk to me about anything and everything, i'll try not to be boring.

PS: just started reading Twist and Shout for the first time (please help my soul)

-Sam

--------------------------------

Dean sat alone on this rainy Thursday, watching the mediocrity of daytime television. Sam had gone on a few errands in town and the monsters preferred to do their dirty work when there wasn't water falling from the sky. Dean sighed when he heard the thunder rumble in the distance, of course.

It seemed too quiet for Dean, nothing had come up in a week and watching The Ellen Show was getting old. Dean hadn't seen Cas all week either, the angel apparently too busy to come visit. Dean was losing it, there was nothing to do.

Suddenly Dean's phone rang next to him, separating him from his thoughts. "Yeah?"

"Hey, Dean," Sam started. "There is some majoring flooding in town blocking the roads and I can't get back."

Dean sighed. "Great, I'm gonna lose my friggin' mind here."

"It should clear up tomorrow, I'm staying at another motel in the next town over."

"Alright, don't do anything stupid." Then they hung up and Dean tossed his phone onto the coffee table.

Dean thought he would be alright because he still had mindless TV, but then the thunder grew nearer and the signal grew weaker. Before you knew it, Ellen's dancing faded into static and Dean could only stare at the disappointment on his face through the reflection of the TV.

Dean threw his head back, "Please, lord, help me."

"Well, I'm not the Lord, but I hope I'm adequate," Dean heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Cas? Where have you been?" Dean asked, staring at the blue eyed angel.

"Hello, Dean, I've been in the Amazon. Wonderful rain there and such beautiful life," Cas smiled, getting a far off look in his eyes.

Dean rolled his own, "Yeah, rain. So great."

"Was that sarcasm?" Cas asked, tilting his head.

"Pretty much. The rain just wiped out my only entertainment," Dean huffed, pointing to the static-y TV.

"That's why I came," Cas smiled, sitting himself next to Dean on the bed.

"So the Amazon, huh?" Dean said, hoping that Cas's stories would entertain him enough.

Cas launched into a story about some macaws and a toucan. He talked about how the rain was much different than the one here in Maine. It was humid, but apparently, Cas preferred the crisper rain and Dean had to agree with him. Throughout the stories, Cas and Dean subconsciously moved closer and more comfortably together. They were like puzzle pieces wishing to be put back together again. It seemed like hours of stories yet Dean didn't mind, he rested his head on the headboard and smiled at the distant look in Cas's eyes that only increased their blue depth.

Dean hadn't realized the power had gone out until he felt the goosebumps on his skin rising. He shrugged it off, listening to Cas describe a tree frog he claimed held a piece of Michael's soul.

"I swear when I looked at it, it-" Cas stopped suddenly, his hands had been gesturing dramatically when they passed over Dean. He seemed to be radiating warmth that was just so pleasing.

"Cas?" Dean asked. "Earth to Cas?" Dean continued, waving a hand in front of Cas's face.

"Sorry, Dean, you're just so warm," Cas stated, scooting closer to Dean and resting his hand on Dean's shoulder.

"Are you cold? The power went out so I assume the-" Dean was cut off as Cas wrapped his arms around Dean's middle and tucked his head into the crook of Dean's neck.

"Okay..." Dean trailed off, awkwardly patting at Cas's back.

After a minute or so, Dean relaxed and wrapped his arms around Cas, earning a sweet moan of content from the angel. Dean felt his chest tighten at the noise and it only made him want to squeeze the man more. Dean ran his fingers through the blue eyed man's hair and grinned when Cas clutched his shirt, bringing them impossibly closer. This definitely made the rain and thunder worth it. The two stayed like that for an hour or two, listening to the storm and Dean drifted in and out of sleep.

It was only when the TV flickered back on at nearly midnight, tuning into the local news that the two spoke.

"Well the heater should be on now too, so you won't be cold much longer," Dean mumbled into Cas's messy hair, loosening his grip on the angel.

Cas groaned as a sign of protest and clutched Dean closer. "I'm an angel, Dean. We don't get cold. Your warmth is just so... nice," Cas finally trailed out.

Dean sat stunned for a minute. Dean had completely forgotten that angels didn't feel the cold, not really anyway. Cas had cuddled into Dean because he just wanted to. The thought alone blew Dean's mind. No one ever wanted to be close to Dean because they assumed Dean was too macho to cuddle. In most cases, Dean was, but today with Cas, was different.

"Well, next time you want to cuddle, just ask," Dean whispered, running his fingers deep into Cas's hair and falling asleep soundly for the rest of the night.