Righteous Man and An Angel

A/N: hello humans. I have an update and I like it. I don't know what this is about it. But I hope you guys like it. Idk I like this concept. But yeah! Omg guys im almost at 1K reads for this story?! Can you believe that. Im so grateful that you guys keep reading this and add it to your story lists. It means so much to me.

As always comment, vote, make requests! And never be afraid to talk to me for anything.

-Sam
-----------------------------

It started with a righteous man. When the prophecy was first announced, it was all the angels could speak of. This man, this mortal man, would change the world. God himself spoke so highly of his creation that angels had already grown opinions of him. They swore to protect him or they swore to end him. But they would never betray their father just yet. When God chose one of his most trustworthy sons, Michael, to lead this man the rumors continued for hundreds of years. And when the day came that the favorite son Lucifer had betrayed their father, they knew they would soon meet the righteous man.

An ordinary soldier, created on the second day, never gave much thought to this righteous man. Although he admired his brother he never saw him as anything other than just his brother. He wasn't programmed to think of anything other than his orders. He was always known to be a good soldier. He served his superiors willingly and trustingly. He loved his father as much as his siblings did and only wanted to continue his father's vision for the world.

Although these rumors spread for hundreds of years the young angel never seemed to care. It was only when his brother asked him to join their mission did he think twice of this man. Did this man know how lucky he was? Did this man even want this fate? How had his father known that this man, this ordinary man, could be the one?

His questions were answered as soon as he gripped that man tight. He felt the greatness wash over him in waves, he felt the good that this man was capable of. Even as weak as the man was from his time spent in Lucifer's domain, he could see the goodness that his tormented soul would always hold.

The angel, who never stepped foot on Earth, fell in love with the humanity every person held. Although the righteous man didn't want his help and almost convinced him that his family was broken, he could never stop loving the humanity in him.

It was only when the angel had picked him over heaven did the righteous man return those feelings. He saw how hard the angel tried to understand him. The soldier had fought for him, fought an entire army to stop the fate that had been written for him.

He'd watch the angel try to be human. He'd watch him observe the children on the playground, he'd watched  him observe the lovers on the park bench. This angel of the lord who wanted nothing more than to be human, who wanted nothing more than to protect his father's greatest creation, how had this man deserved such a prize?

This man, who had stopped believing in the divine, was granted the chance to be a part of something greater. It was never his destiny to change the world, but it happened along the way. It was never Michael's destiny to lead this man, but rather for this man to lead Michael. This man's love for an angel was meant to shed light on mankind for the children in heaven and the love that the angel returned was meant for the children to love the rest of the humans just as much.

The prophecy had been written. The prophecy stated that a righteous man would rise and his children were to protect him. God saw his ordinary soldier fall in love with man and the man fell just as in love with his angel. God saw his young son do exactly what he wanted all his children to do. But this foot soldier was destined to understand humanity because the righteous man was destined to show it to him. The prophecy was never for the world it was only for a man and an angel.

"What happened next?" A young boy with bright green eyes asked.

"What do you mean?" The angel asked, moving hair away from the boy's face.

"The man and the angel fell in love right?" The angel nodded with a small smile on his face. "What are they doing now?"

"They're living happily ever after I guess," the man said from the doorway.

Green eyes met from across the room and the young boy understood the story now. The man with the blue eyes who had spoken of the prophecy he was not just a man. He was the angel who fell in love with man and not just all men, only one was able steal his heart.

And God wherever he may be smiled at his greatest creations. The righteous man and the ordinary angel.