Demon Dean

i didn't know how to end this one but i felt like i needed to update. so hopefully tomorrow or later today i will have a better update! but... THIS HAS 900 READS?! can you believe that? i really can't so thank you for reading, it means a lot to me. but as usual, comment, vote, make requests whatever you want. 

-Sam

----------------

The "new" Dean wasn't something Cas liked to think about let alone look at. The unfamiliar gleam in his eyes was unsettling and his new hair style didn't sit well with Castiel. He looked so much like Dean, but every atom in Cas's body screamed that it was not the same man. Now Castiel stood in front of the imposter, waiting for the time of his next injection of blood.

The doppelganger continued to smirk at Cas, despite all the pain it was in, and it only fueled Cas's hate for the creature that was in his human. He saved Dean, Dean was his best friend, and he would get his Dean back.

"You know, Feathers, the other Dean really liked you," the monster stated casually, but Cas only narrowed his eyes. The being didn't deserve any kind of reaction from him.

"When I say liked you, I mean borderline in love with you," the green eyes that used to be so welcoming became dark, but Cas continued to stare into them.

It isn't Dean. Cas chanted in his head, but he wished it was. It had been weeks since he had seen the man, weeks since he had known if he was alright and now here he is, broken.

Dean chuckled at Cas's silence. "But you knew that already, right? Angels can read minds and his was always your favorite."

Cas swallowed thickly. "It's time for your next dose."

The demon huffed in annoyance at the lack of response from the angel. What was he expecting though? Angels didn't understand human emotions, even angels who had lived among humans for as many years as Castiel.

"Fine, just shoot me up and pretend you don't love him too," Cas stopped his movements for a moment, it didn't matter if he loved Dean because this wasn't Dean. He didn't love the look alike in front of him, he loved human Dean. The Dean that always did what he thought was right, the Dean that saw himself as insignificant but didn't realize he was God's greatest creation. Cas did love Dean, but this wasn't him.

Cas continued his work, filling the syringe and stomping over to the demon. He unforgivingly stabbed the needle into the mark and only felt a slight satisfaction from his grunt of pain. Cas returned to his position by the door, listening intently for the familiar breathing of the monster.

"Cas?" That sound made him stop. It wasn't the same taunting tone the demon always used, it seemed softer and confused.

"Dean?" Cas turned slowly expecting to see the same lifeless eyes he had been staring at for what seemed like hours. But they weren't. They were the vibrant green of the hills in spring. Although they were slightly unfocused, they held what Cas loved most about Dean, humanity.

"Dean," Cas sighed out happily, unknowingly smiling wide.

Even confused, Dean couldn't help but return Cas's rare smile. "God, I feel like crap."

"Well, you should see yourself," Cas shot back, making Dean snort.

Cas watched his head bob and his shoulders go slack. He seemed exhausted. "I need to get Sam."

"Wait," Dean croaked out. "What I- what he said, was it true?"

"He said a lot of things, Dean," Cas shrugged, trying to avoid the question that was far too obvious.

"Cas," there it was. The gruff sound that seemed to come out of the back of his throat and that always seemed to make Cas melt on the inside.

"Well, I shouldn't be embarrassed because I know you're borderline in love with me, but yes," Cas mumbled, fiddling with the sleeves of his coat.

"I would've told you myself, but I'm kinda tied up," Dean chuckled at his own pun and began to laugh when Cas didn't seem to get it. "Just untie me so I can hug you."