The Wrestler's Boyfriend

A/N: Hello!! It feels like forever since I last updated and I am so so sorry. School has literally been kicking my ass and I'm so tired all the time. But here is another one shot! I think it's hella cute.

Also, I watched Thor:Ragnarok today and it was SO GOOD. If you are a marvel fan hmu, I wanna talk theories.

Another thing!! This story is at 12K reads and over 900 votes?! What?! I honestly cannot thank you guys enough for reading this and liking it and it means so so much to me that you do. I love you guys so much.

Ok, long authors note done. As always comment, vote, make requests if you have any and I will hopefully update soon.

----------

It was hard being gay in Lawrence, Kansas. No that wasn't true, it was hard being gay in Lawrence, Kansas- unless you were Dean Winchester.

He was probably the most adored person the town had ever seen. He didn't particularly want the attention, but when you happened to be a 3 time state champ wrestler, you've made a name for yourself. The fact that Dean liked boys was never even an issue for anyone who knew him either. He was nice enough and smart enough and surely good looking enough. Maybe that was why no one bothered him, he was just good enough at everything.

Dean's boyfriend was not so lucky. He was the youngest child in the most religious family Lawrence had ever seen. He kept to himself most of the time and focused on his studies; of course that labeled him as a nerd and no one could have that apparently. His sexuality was constantly being shoved in his face as if it was a bad thing. The very people who loved Dean terrorized Castiel every chance that they got. But Cas would never ruin the happiness his boyfriend got to have, even if Cas couldn't share it with him.

So Dean walked the halls in his letterman jacket, high-fiving his countless fans while Cas walked right next to him, those same people would knock his books out of his hands and trip him on his way to class. Cas just let Dean believe he was clumsy.

Then one day, it went a little bit too far.

Cas was walking home after school to do homework. Dean would usually give him a ride, but practice was running late and Dean didn't want Cas in trouble with his family again. So Cas walked until a car slowly drove next to him then he ran, but it was too late. Soon 3 people were grabbing at Cas and punching him. They called him names. Names that they would never dare say to Dean because Dean was too great of a person for that.

Just as quick as they came, they were gone. They left him beaten on the ground and laughed at him. It really was astounding to Cas how different they acted around him and Dean.

If Dean knew what these people did to Cas, they wouldn't be his friends any longer. In fact, Dean would make it a point to end every single person who had ever wronged his boyfriend. But Cas didn't want to ruin Lawrence for Dean. Dean didn't have it easy growing up. His dad left him in a home for troubled boys and everyday Dean missed his younger brother. Dean finally had a home where people were kind to him and treated him the way he deserved to be treated.

So Cas had to hide it, but this black eye was not helping him at all. He tried everything. He iced it in hopes that it wouldn't turn out so bad, but it was too late. He tried his mother's concealer, but the makeup was way too obvious. Cas would have to go to school with a black eye, but what would he say to Dean?

He thought about this as he waited for Dean to pick him up. He couldn't say he fell because no way could he hurt himself this bad. He can't say it was his parents or Dean would have the police at his door before noon. He couldn't say it was his brothers because Dean knew they didn't even care about Cas enough to hurt him.

Suddenly there was a knock on his front door. Maybe he wouldn't notice?

"Hey Ca-" Dean's words fell short as soon as he laid eyes on his boyfriend. He may have noticed. "What happened?"

Dean carefully grabbed Cas's chin and tilted his head to see his injury better. Cas looked at the ground, but didn't answer.

"Cas, who did this?" Dean asked more firmly, but his fingers were still gentle. They lightly grazed the dark purple skin and quickly jerked away when Cas winched.

"I don't know," Cas mumbled, turning away from Dean.

"Don't give me that," Dean insisted, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Honestly, Dean. I didn't get a good look at them."

Dean sighed before tugging his boyfriend into his chest. "Do you, at least, know why someone would do this?"

Cas didn't want to say, he really didn't want to say it. But he knew Dean wouldn't drop it without an answer. So Cas turned in his arms and pulled Dean closer. "Don't get mad."

Dean shot him a confused look, but carefully nodded for the sake of his boyfriend. From the hesitation, Dean knew it was something difficult for Cas to say aloud and Dean wondered how long Cas had been holding it in.

"It's because I'm gay."

Dean's eyes widened. "What?"

"I'm gay."

"Yeah I know, I've been dating you for a year. That makes no sense, Cas. I'm gay too and they never do this to me."

Cas hid his face in Dean's shoulder and sniffled. He felt Dean tense up at the sound and quickly went to stroke Cas's hair like Dean knew he liked.

"I'm not like you, Dean. I'm not a star athlete or outgoing or charming. They can't stand me because I don't fit in on any level," Dean felt how tight Cas was holding on as he spoke and just the time of his voice made Dean want to cry.

"Cas, why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you and kept you safe."

Cas looked up at Dean with watery eyes and it nearly broke Dean's heart. "You're finally so happy and you have a home. I didn't want to ruin it for you."

Dean had never felt more loved. In all his 18 years of life, no one had every thought to put his needs before theirs. He was always the one giving and never getting anything in return. And now Cas takes months of verbal and physical abuse because he thought that was what Dean needed in order to finally happy. Cas had to watch Dean interact with people who would terrorize him and he did it with a smile. How could Dean have been so lucky as to meet him?

Dean rested his forehead on Cas' and closed his eyes. "Cas, you're my home. I'm happy because I have you. I don't need wrestling or those people to make me feel happy because you do that for me. You're the most important thing in my life and I would give anything just for you to be safe. You're not ruining anything by telling me that my 'friends' are hurting you, if anything, they are ruining home for me."

Cas roughly pulled Dean down for a kiss and sighed at how soft Dean's lips were. It didn't matter how often Cas got to kiss Dean, that feeling would never go away. Dean rested his hands on Cas's hips and sighed happily into their kiss. This is where Dean felt his safest. This is the exact place Dean would call home.

When they pulled apart, Dean was quick to place kisses all over Cas's lightly bruised face and Dean was blessed with his boyfriend's cute, little laughter.

"If anyone, and I mean anyone, tries to hurt you ever again I'm going to kick their ass. Got it?"

Cas nodded, relieved that he finally told Dean everything.

"Now, I have a honey bee that needs to be nursed back to health," Dean stated before lifting Cas up in his arms, earning another giggle from his boyfriend.