Chapter 8: Friday!

"It's finally Friday!" I said, yawning.
"And class has ended, too!" Sugino added, stretching himself.

"Don't forget we need to practice now," Kayano walked up to us.

It has been an awfully long week, I thought.
A lot of stuff had happened.
Everything was really chaotic, but at least I made it out alive.

I sighed as I recollected all the events this week had brought.

"Eeeeh~ We are doing quite well, and we've even completed the script! Let's call it a day already!" Sugino said lazily.
Kayano sighed.
"Okay, but the real show's on Monday. We have to practice one last time, anyway."

"We can do that tomorrow too! It's just Nagisa-kun, Karma-kun and a few others! I'm sure no one would mind!" Sugino told her, grinning.
"Whatever you say." Kayano said with another sigh, then we all started laughing.

We walked out of the school, and after saying goodbye, Kayano and Sugino left.
I wanted to take my time to leave.

I yawned again, feeling really tired. "Well then, I guess I'll go-"

I hadn't even finished the sentence, when an all too familiar voice interrupted me.
"Nagisa-kun, let's walk home together!★"

Yes, it was Karma.

Without a second thought, I started running at full speed, not even looking back!

I don't know why, but it was like, an instinctive action!
When I thought I was far enough, I came to a stop, gasping. I hadn't gotten to the road yet, but was halfway down the hill on which our school was situated.

"Is something wrong, Nagisa-kun? Why did you run off all of a sudden?" To my surprise, Karma was standing right in front of me.

"But....you were just there..."
I was totally out of breathe, but he wasn't even breathing hard!

Karma laughed.
"You don't really run like an athelete, you know! It was easy for me to catch up!☆"

...and so, there we were, walking together.
The awkward silence fell again.
Before he confessed to me, we would talk about video games, assassination plans, and so on. We were, I guess are, best friends after all. But right now, I seriously can't look him in the eye!

"...Nagisa-kun."
"Huh?" I looked at Karma, but then instinctively my face turned away.
Suddenly, Karma grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"K-Karma-kun...?"
I looked up at him, and then down to the ground.
At this, he put his hand to my chin and made me face up at him again.

"Nagisa-kun, I noticed you've been kinda avoiding me. Are you purposely doing that?" Karma asked intently, bringing his face closer.

"N-no..." I mumbled. But, I wasn't looking at him even then. My eyes were looking at the trees, sideways.
"Look at me." Karma demanded. He sounded like he really meant it, so I had to look at him.
But, he was staring right into my eyes, so I couldn't help averting them again!

"Nagisa-kun--"
"Karma-kun, it's a beautiful day, isn't it?! Oh, what bird is that? I've never seen it before!" I blurted out, interrupting him. I didn't like the tense atmosphere at all!

"You've never seen a sparrow before?" Karma asked, looking at the bird I was pointing to.

"Uh...em..." I withdrew my hand, flustered. I wasn't really looking at the bird...

"Nagisa-kun, if there's something wrong, tell me." It had been a while since I heard Karma use a serious tone. I gulped.

"W-well... we've been best friends for a long time, so it's just kind of hard to see you as my lover, that's all." I was glad I could even reply!

Karma stood up straight and sighed. "That only means one thing, Nagisa-kun."

"Huh...?" I grew tensed when I thought about the possibilities of what was to come next.

But I didn't know why. I mean, wouldn't it be better if Karma went back to the way he was? But then again, something in me didn't want that to happen!

To my surprise, Karma chuckled when he saw me at war with myself.

"That only means one thing," he repeated with a smile before grabbing my hand, "I gotta make you get used to this!"

"Wha- Karma-kun--"
Karma pulled my hand, and we ran down the rest of the hill, to the gaming center.

There we played loads of video games just like in the old days. We had juice, and for some reason I was dragged into a store where Karma bought matching couple outfits for us! And he made me walk on the streets wearing that!!

Finally we had some ramen at an old shop, since both of us had our stomachs growling!

After we were finished, Karma asked,"Well, Nagisa-kun? Did you have fun?"
"Yeah, lots!" I replied, grinning.
It really had been a while since I had so much fun!

"Glad to hear that!" Karma said with a satisfied look on his face.
"...say, Nagisa-kun, how bout we go on a date this weekend?"
The sudden question caught me by surprise.

"A...a date?!" I repeated to clarify if I had really heard right.
"Yeah! You're coming for practice tomorrow, right? I'll give you the time then!" Karma looked so happy at the idea, I couldn't refuse.

"Okay..." I muttered looking down again, since I didn't want Karma to know my face was red.

"And wear that, okay?" Karma said, pointing to my shirt. I cried out, flustered, when I realised I was still wearing the couple outfit!
"Ka-Karma-kun, you should have told me...!"

Without any warning, Karma suddenly kissed me, making me blush harder than ever.

"See you tomorrow," he said in a sweet, low voice.
"Y-yeah..." I don't know if I had thought or said that, since all my thoughts were messed up at that moment!

I guess Karma saw me blushing, after all...