Chapter 9: Weekend!

Trriiiiiiiiiinnnng

I sleepily reached out to stop the alarm. It was Saturday, and I planned to sleep in.
Barely fifteen minutes had passed since I closed my eyes again, when my phone rang.

Grumbling, I grabbed it and stared at the screen, still only half awake. The call was from Kayano.

"Hello?" I yawned, putting the phone to my ear.
"Nagisa-kun? It's me, Karma."
I jerked up at the voice, wide awake now. I read the caller name again, but it was still Kayano.

"Ka-Ka-Karma-kun?! Why are you calling from Kayano's phone?!" I asked, bewildered. The first voice I heared in the day was Karma's!!

"Ah, well you see, she dialed your number to call but then Sugino came with the costumes and she handed the phone to me." Karma replied.
"Wait, what? You guys are together?" I frowned, confused.
Why would they be together right now?

"Hey hey, don't tell me you forgot!"

"Forgot what?"

"The practice! We were supposed to meet at the school!"

"Oh...!!" I literally jumped out of bed when I remembered. The practice, of course!

"Uh...I'll be right there!" I told Karma, quickly grabbing some clothes to wear.

"Oh yeah Nagisa-kun, bring your gown too! The one that your mom brought on the first day of the practice." I could tell he was grinning when he said that.
"Yeah, sure." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Nagisa-kun, where were you?! We've been waiting for you for so long!" Kayano scolded when I finally reached the school.
"Sorry, I kind of forgot we had to practice today..." I said apologitically.

"How are you today, my little princess~?♥" Karma came up to me and pulled my cheeks.
"Waff al yew foing?!" I cried, trying to push his hands away.
Then Karma suddenly hugged me before kissing me on the cheek. And Kayano and everyone was there!!

I looked over his shoulder at Kayano, quite panicked.
Luckily, she and Sugino were busy with the costumes.

"Karma-kun, why'd you suddenly do that here?!" I said angrily in a loud whisper.

"But I couldn't help it when I saw my little Nagi-chan!♡" Karma gave me a little wink.
"N-Nagi-chan?! Don't call me that, Karma-kun!"
"No? Then how 'bout 'Nana-chin'?☆"
"That's worse!" I said, trying to keep my voice down, in case someone heard our conversation.

"Wooo-hooo, are you guys going out??♡" My heart almost stopped when I heard the question. I looked around to see who had found out about us, and then realised the voice had come from my phone!

"Ritsu!!" I cried, when I saw her grinning in my phone screen.
"Hiii Nagisa-kun!! So, so? There's something going on between you and Akabane-kun?☆"

"Heh heh, you're one clever girl to hide in someone's phone and eavesdrop!" Karma laughed. Why was he laughing?!

"Um...Ritsu, would you mind keeping it a secret from the rest of the class? It would be bad if the news spreads..." I said, screaming in my mind.

She heard us, she heard us, SHE HEARD US!!!

"No problem~!♥ I swear I won't say a word about it to anyone!☆" Ritsu winked and gave a pose, then my phone screen went off.

I sighed. A long, exhausted sigh.

"Hey Nagisa-kun, don't sound so tired already~" Karma hugged me from behind, and I slapped his hand till he let go.
"Karma-kun, don't forget this is all your fault!"