Chapter 10: A Festive Finale!

"Nagisa, are you okay?"
I woke up to mom's voice and looked around. The sun was just rising.
"What's wrong, mom? Why did you wake me up so early?" I asked, sleepily rubbing my eyes.

"It's not morning, it's evening, dear. You've been sleeping all day." Mom replied.
"Huh?" I checked the time in my phone. 6:28 pm.

"What...? Why would I...?"
My face reddened as I remembered about last night.
"Nagisa, do you have a fever? You're face is really red..." Mom put her hand on my forehead.
"No mom, I'm fine, really. But why didn't you wake me up before?"

"Akabane-kun told me both of you were up all night chatting and playing, and you passed out in the morning, so I didn't disturb you. Sleeping is important for a beautiful skin, you know!" Mom clasped her hands together, and said, "Now go take a bath, Nagisa!"
Then she left, closing the door behind her.

I sighed, and picked up my phone. I had got messages from Karma, and I reluctantly opened them.

Hey, Nagisa-kun!★ How're you doing now?? We've got the play tomorrow, my princess!♥ Yesterday night was so much fun! We should do that again when we're a couple!(^o^)

I let out another heavy sigh when I read the text. What does he think he's doing, sending me whatever he wants to?!

I went to bed again after dinner and kept my eyes shut even though I wasn't sleepy. Suddenly, I got an awfully familiar smell.
Karma?!

I jolted up from the bed and looked around. No, no one was there in the room except me. I checked my bed, and discovered a shirt, which did not belong to me. Karma's shirt.

"Why that stupid--!!" I realised I couldn't shout in the house, so I tried to relax. I knew he had purposely kept that on the bed!!
I tossed it to the floor and burried my face in my pillow.

I don't know how much time passed with me turning about on the bed, trying to sleep.
I finally gave up and sat up straight. When I did, my gaze fell on the shirt.
I'm telling you, I must have been half-asleep. I mean, I must have been half-asleep!

Because, I walked over to the shirt, picked it up, and hugged it!! And then I went to bed again with that in my arms!!!

And for some weird reason, I fell asleep too.

So, I woke up in the morning, with Karma's smell all over me.
And you just cannot imagine how that felt.

I was totally wobbly, and walked as if I was drunk or something!
"You okay, honey?" Mom asked, worried.
"Yeah..." I replied, before slamming my head on the table.

"Nagisa! What's wrong? Didn't you sleep well?" Mom hurriedly came up to me.
"No mom, I'm just fine." I sat up straight and started having my breakfast like a zombie.

Mom watched me, with her hand on her cheek. "That is so not lady-like. Nagisa, you're the princess, so act like one."

I sighed. Mom just has to tell me to act like a girl.

I scampered out of the house, my spirits low. I wasn't in the mood for a play at all. And to top it off, it was all Karma's fault.

I reached the school, but no one was there.

"There you are, Nagisa-kun!" Kayano called to me. "We're supposed to go to the main building today!" She was carrying a big box. The costumes, I think.

"Oh, right, I forgot!" Of course, the festival was being held in the main school building, down the hill. Like I said before, our class is the class of failures, totally isolated from the original school building.