Rescue Pt4/Ambreigns

Officer Roman Reigns sat on a bench outside in front of a school, a radio held tightly in his hand. He sighed shakily, as he starred at the radio, begging to hear the voice of his loved one come from it, but it remained silent. He was alone right now, his best friend...brother and partner Officer Seth Rollins was talking to the head of the bomb squad Officer Reed Grant. Roman sighed again, as he looked at the many people doing various things around him. He then looked at where the school used to be, before a bomb they were searching for inside exploded. Thinking about the explosion made his heart ache and his eyes fill with tears, knowing his and Seth's best friend...brother, partner and Roman's boyfriend Officer Dean Ambrose had been inside the school when it exploded and was now trapped! His heart broke knowing Dean was inside the school somewhere hurt and alone and time was running out for him. As he sat starring at the school, he began to think back to how this nightmare started.

The trio have been best friends for years, doing everything; including joining the force together. They had come up through the force together and not long after joining they teamed up and became The Shield; they were unstoppable, known as the best and normally worked with only each other, but have lead multiple teams when needed too. Dean and Roman began dating; with Seth's full love and support, a month before they joined the police academy. Their love has been going strong for eight years now and they couldn't be happier.

The trio have been working on a case involving a serial bomber for weeks now and despite their non-stop, round the clock work, they still had no leads on the bomber's identity or his motive for the bombings; he had set off five bombs now and taunted the trio through direct letters and calls to the station, as well as through letters to the press. Each bomb had been bigger than the last and so far thankfully no one has been seriously injured or killed by them, but all three knew it was only a matter of time before that changed.

Earlier today, the trio were at the station working on the case, all three were worried because it had been two weeks since the last bomb; the longest the man's ever gone between bombings. As they worked Seth's cell phone began to ring, he answered it and put it on speaker when he realized it was the bomber calling. They talked for a few seconds and the guy told them he was back with his biggest bomb yet and gave them two locations it could be at; a senior citizens home or an elementary school, he then told them it was set to go off at exactly 1PM, before he hung up.

Knowing they didn't have time to search both buildings, Dean suggested they split up; Dean would lead a team and search the school, while Roman and Seth led a team and searched the senior's home. At first Roman and Seth tried to refuse, but Dean managed to convince them and so they called and evacuated both places and surrounding buildings. As they searched the trio were on their radios the entire time and after searching Roman and Seth cleared the senior's home, the bomb wasn't there. They left the home and were on their way to their car, when suddenly Dean sounding strange spoke over the radio saying his goodbyes, before Roman could ask what was wrong, they heard the bomb explode where Dean was. Getting nothing, but static from Dean's radio, Roman, Seth and their team rushed to the school arriving at the same time as more police, as well as fire crews, EMTs and the press. Looking at the damage to the school, their hearts broke knowing Dean couldn't have survived and they hugged. As they did Dean's weak voice suddenly came through the static on the radio telling them he was alive, Roman told him to hang on they were going to get him out, while Seth raced to tell their Captain about Dean. All three knew they were racing the clock to get him out, but Roman and Seth wouldn't give up until he was back with them; it didn't matter what they had to do to get him free!

They had to wait for the bomb squad to arrive, so while they did Seth spoke to Dean and learned he's in bad shape and tried to keep Dean from going to sleep. Roman interrupted them and they go inside the command center and met Grant; an arrogant asshole. After talking to him for a few seconds, they ask Grant when they're going into the building and he tells them no one's going in yet, until they check how stable the building is. Upset they ask how they're going to do that and he tells them they'll do it with a special robot. Of course both men are angry about it and Seth tells him they should be going after Dean, not play with toys! Grant then angrily tells them the robot will send them live feed of the damage to the structure and find Dean's exact location. He then tells them this is his job and he's the best at it, he then tells them to stick to arresting the bad guys and let him and his team do their job! Trying to keep the peace, Roman takes Seth outside to cool off.