Seth X Reader/Immortal Love

The rain that had been falling all night, finally stopped just before dawn, leaving the air damp and cool. I lay in my bed sleeping, when suddenly a gentle, cool breeze blow across my face waking me. I slowly opened my eyes confused about where the breeze was coming from, until I looked at the now open balcony doors. Smiling I sat up, turning on the lamp beside my bed, I looked around the room and saw a single red rose laying on my pillow. I picked it up and smelled it, suddenly my body began to tingle, as I realized I wasn't alone anymore.

"I...I know you're here, I can feel you." I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "You were gone so long I was afraid you weren't coming back."

"You know me better than that (Y/N), I promised you'd come back when I could." A male voice spoke softly from the shadows, where the lamp's light didn't reach.

"I've missed you Seth." I said, turning to look in the direction of his voice, tears in my eyes.

"I've missed you." He replied, as he came out from where he had been standing. "Come here baby girl." He added smiling, as I got out of bed and rushed to him, he took me in his arms holding me close.

Holding him tight, I closed my eyes, as my tears fell silently and I breathed in his familiar scent. Our life together was something out of a movie, we met a year ago, I had just gotten off work at a diner and my damn car wouldn't start. It was late as I began walking home, I decided to take a shortcut through a park near my home, when suddenly I was attacked by two men. They grabbed me, I fought as hard as I could to get free, but they were too strong. Before anything could happen though, Seth appeared out of nowhere and saved me. Once the men were gone, he checked on me making sure I was okay, I thanked him and he walked me home; making sure I was inside before he left. From the moment I met him I knew there was something different about him, I didn't know what it was, but it almost seemed...magical!

Seth and I started dating a week after we met, we became inseparable. Then three months after we started dating Seth told me about the secret he had been hiding from me. He wasn't cheating or married, his secret was that he was a centuries old Vampire! Of course I didn't believe him, why would I, any sane person wouldn't! Seth proved it to me and even though it was a complete shock, scared me a little and I didn't know how to deal with it, I stayed with him and we fell in love.

The longer I was with Seth the more I learned about him and his life as a Vampire. I was surprised to learn that Seth wasn't the only Vampire, there were others and they were led by five powerful, old Vamps called the Elders; at one time they used to be all over the world, but most of them had been killed by humans over the years and now only a few were left and they lived with Seth in town. I also learned that Vampires have their own rules that have been around since the very first Vampires existed. Every Vamp knows the rules and are expected to follow them or they'd be punished. The biggest and most important rule was that Vampires weren't allowed to date or fall in love with mortals; breaking this rule resulted in death if caught! Even though he knew the rules, he still fell in love with me, which meant we had to sneak around to be together. To keep me safe and not make any of his family suspicious he would disappear for days, sometimes weeks at a time. Seth had been gone this time for two weeks with no contact of any kind and I had been so scared thinking he had been found out, but now that I was holding him in my arms again I could finally breathe.

"How long can you stay?" I asked, as I pulled away.

"Um, not long (Y/N/N), before I left to come here I overheard some of my family talking about me; I'm being called before the Elders." He answered.