Chapter 4

I make my way to the bath house in the Rukon District with clean clothes in hand. Ever since I awoke from the darkness, all I can smell is blood and the unfamiliar odor of death.

      "I can't wait to get into the nice hot bath," I say to myself. As I step though the door, a nice lady comes over to greet me. She shows me the way to the bath. As I step into the bath room, I get a face full of steam. Sweat drips from my face as I strip off my kimono and step into the bath. It is hot, but not so hot that it hurts me.

      "Do you need anything else before I leave ma'am?" the lady who escorted me in asks.

      "No, thank you," I say, taking the bar of soap from her. As the lady leaves, I begin to lather soap in my hair. "This is just what I needed," I tell myself as my muscles begin to relax. I rinse the soap from my hair and settle in to relax. Moments later, I awake to a face full of cold water. "What the hell?" I sputter.

      "Sorry ma'am. I couldn't get you to wake up any other way. I thought you were going to drown," the kind lady from before explains.

      "That's quite all right. Thank you for waking me," I tell her. As I slowly rise from the water, the lady hands me a towel. 

      "Thank you," I say as I begin to dry myself off. After I get dressed, I reach down to get my zanpakuto, but it isn't there. "Damn.. I left it in Squad Four's barracks," I tell myself. "Might as well go back and get it." As I leave the bath house, I sense an enormous amount of spiritual pressure coming from the Seireitei.

      "Dammit!" I yell as I run for the Seireitei. I know this spiritual pressure. It is the Exequias, the group Arrancar that experimented on me. As I make my way to the south gate, I spot Rudbornn Chelute, the 61st Arrancar. Tossed over his shoulder, I see a figure wearing Shunsui's pink kimono.

      "No! Let him go!" I yell at Rudbornn, running at him. 

      "You just made a huge mistake, little bird," he tells me as other Exequias surround me. "If you want him back, figure out about your life before you died. There you will find the answers to defeat me. Maybe." Rudbornn opens a path to Wako Mundo and disappears, his fellow Exequias following him.