Chapter 8

Ichigo and I stop at the door to his house. "Are you sure you want to go in?" he asks me. I nod, gripping my arm tightly to my chest. I feel kind of sick and really tired. "Are you okay?" Ichigo asks me, a look of worry crossing is smiling face.

  "I-I'm just tired," I whisper as I fall into him.

  "Let me see your arm," Ichigo orders, pulling my injured arm out of my week grasp. I hiss in pain as he turns it over to see a gaping wound. "How long have you had this?" he gasps.

  "Since this morning," I grunt. Ichigo begins to open the door and begins pushing me inside. "Wait!" I howl as something dawns on me. "Will your family even be able to see me? I forgot to get a Gigai from Kisuke."

  "Well... Karin can. She should be able to treat your wounds. I'll introduce you two and then run back and get your Gigai," Ichigo tells me.

  "Ok," I say, giving up as the rest of my strength ebbs away and I fall into him again, unable to stand back up this time. Ichigo picks me up and carries me inside. He walks to a room that holds a bed among some other things. "Is this your room?" I ask him. He nods as he places me on his bed and runs out of the room.

  As I lay there, I begin to drift in and out of consciousness. Suddenly, I hear someone whisper in my ear. I look over to see a boy with hair as grey as a storm cloud and eyes the same color. He reaches over and brushes the damp hair out of my eyes. "Who are you?" I ask. He just smiles at me and then fades away as a young girl with short black hair comes into the room, with Ichigo close behind.

  "She looks horrible," the young girl remarks, rushing over to my side and putting down the first aid kit she had carried into the room. She gently turns my arm so that the wound is facing her and begins to clean the wound out with peroxide. I wince at every prick of pain that travels up my arm when she begins dabbing the wound with a clean cloth.

  "I have to go back to Urahara's shop. I forgot to get something while I was there. Do you think you can watch her till I get back, Karin?" Ichigo asks the young girl. Karin nods as she pulls out a roll of white bandage and begins to wrap it around my arm. I hear the door shut as I begin to lose consciousness.

  "You're going to be ok," a voice whispers in my mind. I smile as a picture of the boy drifts into my thoughts.

  The sun is bright in my eyes as I open them. I slowly sit up, grunting in pain. I look down beside the bed to see Ichigo asleep on the floor. I quietly stepped over him and walked over to my gigai in the open closet. I notice that a small stuffed orange lion is lying on the chest of it. When I begin to move it, it starts to jerk around and yell at me. I quickly drop it and run for the bed.

  I trip over Ichigo and land on top of him. "What the hell?!" he yells. I stand up quickly and jump onto the bed.

  "What the hell is that thing?" I point to the stuffed animal. Ichigo looks over to see what I'm screaming about.

  "Kon! What the hell are you doing?" he yells at it. The small lion turns around and its eyes get all bright when it see's me. It pounces at my chest and I send it flying through the air. Ichigo catches it and pushes its face into the wall.

  "Dammit Kon! What in the hell is wrong with you?" he asks it. It garbles a few words and goes still when a little marble rolls out of its mouth and falls to the floor.

  "Is that a soul candy?" I ask, awkardly climbing off the bed.

  "No. Actually, he's a mod-soul," Ichigo explains to me.

  "A mod-soul? I thought they were all destroyed," I say.

  "Not quite. So how are you feeling?" Ichigo asks me.

  "I'm ok. Actually, I was going to take my gigai out and go for a walk around town and look around. It's been a while since I was last here," I explain.

  "Well, if your ok with it, I can show you around," Ichigo tells me.

  "That sounds wonderful," I tell him as I slip into my gigai.