chapter 7

"What happened to your arm?" Ukitake looks surprised as I hurry towards him.

   "I got into a little fight with some Squad Eleven," I laugh at the look on his face. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure they are in some big trouble now. Captain Zaraki probably killed all of them."

   "I supposed I should probably have been more worried for them than you when you laughed," Ukitake smiles. "So, are you ready?"

   "As ready as I'll ever be, i guess," I force a smile.

   "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll do fine," Ukitake assures me. "By the way, when you get there, you might want to take a look at that arm."  I nod as I step toward the gate. The gate opens as a Hell butterfly flies in front of it. "Good luck!" I hear Ukitake call out as the gate shuts quietly behind me.

   "I know this place! This is Karakura Town!" I say as I run off towards Urahara's shop.

   "Hey! Who are you?!" A voice asks behind me. I stop and turn around to see a boy with bright orange hair. "Oh! Your a soul reaper!" he tells me after he gets a good look at the black kimono and zanpakuto.

   "Yes. I'm Third seat Ardain Matsudo of Squad 8," I tell him. "Who are you?"

   "I'm the substitute soul reaper Ichigo Kurosake," he says, grinning from ear to ear. "It's nice to meet you. So where are you headed?"

   "To Kisuke Urahara's shop," I say turning to walk in the direction of the shop.

   "Mind if I walk with you? I was just headed there myself," Ichigo asks me, falling in step with me.

   "Actually, I would love the company. I hate walking alone. It makes me feel lonely," I tell him, dodging a pot hole in the road. "So Ichigo's your name? Thats a little odd with your orange hair. It's like your's and Renji's names are backwards."

   "You know Renji?" he asks. "Yeah. Him, Rukia, and Byakuya are some of my best friends," I smile as I picture the look Byakuya would give me for telling someone that he was not only my friend, but my best friend.

   "I should have guessed you knew them too," Ichigo tells me as he opens the door to Urahara's shop. He wait's patiently for me to walk in before he follows me through the door.

   "Thank you," I say as I walk to the end of the light in the room. "Why is it always so dark in here?"

   'Because I like to be dark and mysterious!"  Kisuke shouts, stepping out of the shadows.

   "What the hell?" I yell, stumbling backwards into Ichigo. He catches me as I begin to fall. "You stupid perverted bastard! You scared the hell out of me!"

   "Sorry about that. Anyway, I was expecting you," he informs me.

   "How were you expecting me? I didn't even know where I was going," I say, stepping out of Ichigo's grip.

   "I felt your spiritual pressure 20 minutes ago when you stepped into the world of the living. I asked Ichigo to come over so I could talk to both of you," Kisuke explains as he leads the way into a little room with pillows and a table.

   "So, what's up?" Ichigo asks as he and I sit on the pillows.

   "Well, I have a feeling your not going to like this, but Ardain here needs somewhere to stay and well..." Kisuke laughs awkwardly.

   "And you want her to stay with me, don't you?" Ichigo sighs. "Why me? Why not Orihime, Chad, or Uryu? Or even you?" he frowns.

   "Why not you? Your the only one I know besides Kisuke. And by the way, I am definatly not staying with this pervert. He's worse than the Captain," I complain.

   "It's not you in particular. It's my dad. He's worse that Mr. Hat and Clogs," Ichigo explains.

   "Well the reason I suggested you is because she needs to be with another soul reaper and since she refuses to stay with me, your the only one left," Kisuke laughs good naturedly.

   "Fine. But only for a few days," Ichigo groans, finally giving in.

   "Alright. Now that that is settled, on to more important things. Ardain, you know the reason you came here I assume?" Kisuke looks at me seriously.

   "Yes, of course. I'm the one who convinced the Head Captain to let me come," I look down and rub at my eyes, trying not to cry. The last thing I want to do is cry in front of Ichigo and Kisuke.

   "What is the reason she is here?" Ichigo asks Kisuke.

   "Shunsui was kidnapped by Rudbornn Chelute and the other Exequias. Rudbornn told me to save him, I had to find out about my past," I explain.

   "So Rudbornn is back. He must have gotten stronger since Wako Mundo," Ichigo pats my shoulder. "Don't worry. We will get him back."

   "First things first. I know you remember some of your past life. You aren't you average soul reaper are you Ardain?" Kisuke asks wonderingly.

   "Your right. Most soul reapers don't remember their past lives but sometimes I remember random facts about my past life. Like if I see someone who looks familiar. Like you Ichigo. You look so familiar, but I can't place where I know you from," I sigh in frustration.

   "I've never met you before today. Or at least I don't think I have," Ichigo stares at me quizzically.

   "Sorry to ruin your concentration guys, but I have something I have to do. So why don't you take Ardain to your house and let your family meet her?" Kisuke asks Ichigo.

   "Actually, I am kind of tired," I say as Ichigo starts to give a retort.

   "Fine. I guess now is as good a time as any," Ichigo says as he and I get up to walk to the door. .

   "You kids have fun!" Kisuke laughs and waves at us from the doorway.

   "If you don't shut up, you stupid pervert, the next time I see you, you won"t be able to laugh anymore," I growl jokingly at him,  smiling as I turn to follow Ichigo.