Chapter One

Tessa isn't your average 18 year old woman. She wants to live a normal life, she wants a loving family that supports her decisions. She wanted what any girl dreamt of and that is finding the love of her life. She wants to get married and have a family of her own and live happily ever after. The way, how the world works, you can't always get what you want.

Tessa had a hard time being accepted by others. Especially, by her parents. Her parents treat her as she's a servant. At the age of 12, Tessa had a schedule set, when the chores around the house has to be done.

If those chores isn't done around the same time frame as the schedule. Tessa will earn a beating and not be fed for a couple of days.

If Tessa finished with all of her chores in time. She's allowed to leave the house. But she isn't allowed to talk to anyone or she isn't allowed to wear certain type of clothing. She graduated school early, she was always on the top of her class. What sadden her, that her parents didn't attend her graduation. The elder couple she befriend did.

She wasn't allowed to have any friends, because her parents were afraid she was going to tell the school about the abuse, she suffered at home.

Tessa wasn't teased at school, she kept to herself, she stayed in the shadows and never said a word to anyone. No one noticed she even existed.

Growing up, Tessa had a befriended Vicky and an elder couple, Steve and Mary. Tessa parents wasn't aware of the friendships she had. Vicky moved away, a couple of years ago. Leaving Tessa feel extremely sad.

The two teenage girls were close. You would of thought they were inseparable. Which they were, but Tessa couldn't tell Vicky about the abuse she suffered at home. Nor about the pain she endured, that was the only secret she kept from Vicky and she felt terrible about it. But she knew what her parents were capable of.

Steve and Mary knew of the abuse. The couple had threatened to call Child Protective Services, but Tessa begged the couple not to. She begged the couple for two hours until they gave in. Steve and Mary felt uneasy about the situation, but they knew a secret about Tessa that no one else knew not even Tessa herself.

The couple were waiting until Tessa showed her true form. Steve and Mary owns a convenience store that was five minutes away from her parents house. The couple would give Tessa essentials she needed that her failed to provide for her.

Every time, Tessa would visit the couple. They would offer her money, at first she hesitant about taking the couple money, but she was grateful that Steve and Mary cared about her.

She would help around the store and feel as if she earned the money by working. Her parents used to question her about her whereabouts. She lied and told them "There were a family of deer's at the park that let people feed them and sometimes they would play around with each other. That kept everyone entertained."

At first her parents didn't believe her, but they let Tessa be. They didn't have any reason as to why she would lie to them all of sudden.

It was true there were deer's at the park that would let people feed them. But she haven't been to the park since Vicky had moved away.

She grew up as the only child, she had a nice childhood until age 12. Domino and Monica which are her parents, they were once a happy family until change of events. The family used to have ice cream Tuesday, every once in a while the family would go to the park and find pecans for the home-made pecan pie that Monica would make from scratch. Domino and Tessa used to have a garden of their own until now.

Sometimes, Tessa would look out her window and see the garden that once had belong to her and Domino. Now, completely bear. The empty garden resembles Tessa empty heart.

Tessa and the garden were beautiful inside and out. Both filled with life and happiness, the day Tessa had turned 12 was the day. That was the day everything had changed not only for her but the garden as well. She received beatings and was treated as a slave, and the garden received negligence.

Tessa and Domino used to plant veggies, Bromeliads, Peace Lilies, Hibiscus and Canna flowers. Domino felt uneasy, because he didn't know where the veggies at the store were previously harvest.

She wanted the flower garden to look exotic. Exotic objects were her favorite thing to fantasize about. She's been told she had exotic like features. Being mixed with Cherokee, she inherited the high cheekbones, her coarse but soft dark hair and almond-shaped eyes.

She had a small scar below her eyebrow. The scar was shaped like small vertical tear. The skin was slightly darker in the area, but it didn't faze Tessa. She had two beauty marks, one was on the left side of her thigh and shaped like a huge hamburger patty. The skin on the inside of the beauty mark was darker than her usual skin tone, which made her thigh beauty mark stand out. Her beauty mark was special and unique. The other one was on the top left side between her shoulder blade and neck. It looked like a small cloud floating on her skin. This cloud-like beauty mark was lighter than her skin. She felt special in ways that no one can tear down her confidence not even the bruises and scars she endured over the years by her parents.

She had baby-like facial features. Steve and Mary always told her, she looks younger than her age. Tessa would laugh at the couple exaggerated behavior.

She being a brown skin woman, she was able to embrace her flaws even through the abuse. Steve and Mary were the reason of her confidence. It gave her the attention she didn't notice she had.

She's been told she could of been a model because her features and height standing at 5'7. She was taller than the other girls in school, she was slim but had a little phat butt.

Besides her flaws, she always found herself beautiful with her scars and bruises.

Every since than she became obsessed with exotic objects.

The two gardens were separated from each other, the lesser the hassle. Tessa and Domino were supposed to add additional flowers to the garden but that never happened.

Her parents changed within the blink of an eye. Tessa didn't see the change of events coming, she cried herself to sleep when her parents started beating and starving her. But, now she didn't give them the satisfaction of seeing her cry out in pain.

This is the life of Tessa McCoy!

Are you ready for the change of events that's going to forever changed Tessa's for the better or worse?

Please write feed and be honest but respectful.

Thanks GloBabies XOXOXOX!!!