Chapter #9

2 days to PoetWay

I was woken up, in a bad mood, by the sound of the violin. Now don't get me wrong, Brook is an amazing musician. Just not when I'm trying to sleep. It was bad enough that I was exhausted and sore from 'training' with Zoro.

I crumpled and waved a hand blindly towards Reeth, "make..." Paused to yawn, "make it stop."

"Red," Nami said in a disapproving way from the bedroom door, "you're still sleeping ?" I could just imagine her with her hands on her hips and shaking her head.

"Uh, yeah," I responded like it was the most obvious answer in the world, "have you ever trained with Zoro?"

I opened my eyes with one hand resting on my forehead and looked at her. She was, in fact, shaking her head with her hands on her hips.

"Well it's horrible, I don't ever want to do it again," I turned my back to her and closed my eyes again, trying to go back to sleep. I heard her sigh and then the sound of the door shutting as she left.

"You should get up and continue training with him," Reeth said, "it will help you become stronger and be your backbone until you can control your Devil's Fruit."

"Wow thanks Reeth," I said sarcastically, trying to remind him that I did not care.

It was quiet for about three seconds until the room was filled with a shriek. From me.

Cold water had enveloped me and shoved me off the bed. I landed harshly on my butt and hit my head against the bed side table.

"Ow!" I cried out and clutched my head, "screw you Reeth!" I glared at him through the corner of my eye.

"I do not like your sarcastic tone," he said slow and hard.

My breath caught in my throat and my hand halted on the top of my head, "sorry..." I spoke quietly.

"Do not do it again," he huffed and flew to the open window, "and go train with Zoro, you need it."

He was out the window and gone in the next second. I let out a relieved breath that he wasn't too mad at me.

I got up and began to get ready before I could change my mind.

Instead of putting on a bra, I wrapped my breasts up in bandage so training would be easier. I pulled a loose gray t-shirt that hung off my shoulder over my head and put my black shorts that just peeked out under the hem of my shirt on.

Lastly I used the rest of my bandage to hold my hair back like a headband and to cover the backs of my hands and the pads of my feet.

My hat and coat continued to hand over my bed.

Zoro was already in the training room when I got there, lifting a ridiculously big weight.

He smirked when he saw me, "you come to train again?" He set the weight down and reached for his sword, like he already knew the answer. Which was probably true.

"Against my will," I laughed and then paused, "wait no, cause I'd need a sword for that and, of course, I left mine in my room." I looked at him, "I would ask to use yours but you'd probably bite my head off."

"Just go get it," he sighed. His tone hinting at how I was being pathetic in trying to procrastinate.

I stuck my tongue out at him and stalked back to the trap door but paused, "shouldn't we eat breakfast first? I'm hungry."

"Work up a sweat first and then you can," he said simply. He nodded his head at me, "now go get your sword."

I opened the door with a frown and jumped down onto the deck, grumbling about Zoro being bossy and mean.