Chapter #12

"Hey kid, what ya crying for?"

"M-my dad y-yelled at me. He's s-so mean"

"Ah that's no good. What'd he do that for?"

"Cause he's mean!"

"Sorry kid, say, why don't ya come with me ? We can get ya something to eat."

"...okay..."

"What's your name, kid?"

"Antalya."

"That's a cute name Little Ant. I'm Téras."

~~~~~~

"Well look who we have here, it's little Ant," a voice laughed from behind us. I stiffened, "I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

Oh yeah. Now I remember. 

I had completely stopped in my tracks and froze up in the middle of the street.

"Why don't ya come with me? We can get ya something to eat!" He laughed.

I couldn't move, couldn't think. All I wanted to do was runaway and cry.

Reeth had whirled around on my shoulder to face the man behind us. His talons dug into my skin but I didn't even notice.

"Hehe, calm down Little Ant. I'm not here for you," he laughed and I heard him begin to walk forward. Tears pricked at the edges of my eyes.

Suddenly fire swirled around me like a protective shield and Reeth growled, "if you take one step closer, I will burn you alive."

The steps stopped and Téras jumped away from the fire, "no need to be so rude," he growled, "you wouldn't want to make me mad."

"Now I'm no detective, but I hear you joined a pirate crew," I could practically hear the evil smirk in his voice. He took another step closer and I could feel his breath on my neck, "wanna take me to them?"

"Red," Reeth whispered in my ear, "I want you to run. Go get the crew, and warn them. I'll find you."

My breath caught in my throat and I numbly nodded before breaking off into a sprint toward the town square.

Téras laughed behind me and he made a grab at me but Reeth took off from my shoulder and in a hurricane of fire and water, dove after Téras.

I kept running.

The only sound I heard was my heart beat and heavy breathing. And then, only when I broke into the town's square and saw Luffy, did I realize what had just happened.

I skid to a stop, on the opposite end of the square where Luffy sat hunched over with his head in his hands. Tears were running down his face and he pulled at his hair aggressively.

Then he stopped, and looked up to meet my eyes.

"They took them..." he muttered and then screamed it louder, "they took them!!!"

People in the square looked at him weirdly and then moved to avoid him.

"Luffy-san..." I sniffed and went to wipe at my tears, a look of horror on my face, "Luffy-san get up."

I stumbled over to him and stood over him. My knees began to buckle but I kept myself up. I had to be strong. Luffy didn't know what was happening, he needed me.

"Luffy-san get up," I repeated more firmly. He stared at me for a second and then began to stand.

I grabbed his elbow and lifted one of his arms over my head to help him. He winced but stood. Blood was running down his face and he had trouble standing, it was clear he was in a fight.