Chapter Five - Slow down before you get high off sugar

"I'll be right back, sweetie. I'm just going to change before I have to get back to work," Annie sighs and gestures to the plate. "Enjoy."

She leaves me alone in the kitchen, with the huge plate of sugary goodness. Bad idea, lady. I may be in shape but never leave me alone around food.

I start picking up the cookies, moaning after each one I finish. Oh my god, this is a whole new level of absolutely delicious.

A deep laugh comes from the door of the kitchen and I look up, half way through biting another cookie, to see a boy I never thought I'd see anytime soon.

"Slow down before you get high off sugar, darling," he says and I stare at him, slightly in shock.

"Jack?" I frown.

"Jake," he corrects. Oh yeah, whatever it's basically the same thing.

"What are you doing here, asshole?" I say angrily.

"Oh, Alicia. I see you have met my son." Annie smiles, gesturing to Jake as she walks back into the kitchen.

"Alicia," Jake whispers under his breath, grinning at me.

"Thank you so much for the cookies, ma'am. They were amazing. Unfortunately I have to go now, but it was nice meeting you," I say.

"Jake, walk her back to her house, will you?" she tells Jake and then walks away.

I groan and walk out the door, not checking if the idiot is following me. We walk in silence for a few steps. "Why are you moving schools?" I ask, breaking the slice as curiosity gets the best of me.

"My mom just got a new job here so we moved," he explains and shrugs. "Maybe it won't be half as bad as I thought, cause I have a seriously hot neighbor now."

I roll my eyes at his comment, not believing a word he says. "I hate you."

"One day you'll love me." He gives me one of his shit-eating grins.

"Well some would say that's foreshadowing, huh? But then there's the fact that you're a dick and definitely not a psychic so that's never going to happen," I state and then step up to my door, pushing it open.

"See you tomorrow, Cookie." Jake winks and I resist the urge to throw up on him.

I've never been rejected and I am definitely a person that holds grudges. Jake is never getting on my good side, no matter how hard he tries.

"Whatever, dumbass." I slam the door in his face and trudge up to my room, not ready for the first day of my final year.

****

"Food is ready!" My mom screams from downstairs. All it took was the word 'food' for me to climb off my bed and skip downstairs.

Usually it would take me a little while longer to leave Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey all alone on my screen when my mom calls, but anything for food.

See, I don't understand why I am even close to popular. I do party a lot but in everything else, I'm just a dork.

A dork that eats a lot and binge watches every series possible. I literally finished the entire Gossip Girl series in a day.

Walking into the dining room, where I usually sit alone with my mom, I find our neighbours sitting and eating too.

Oh. My. God.

We never have visitors and so I never bother looking presentable. By presentable I mean I usually have pants on but no, today I just have a plain white top that goes down to mid-thigh.

Thanks for letting me know we have guests, mom.

I silently glare at my mom and she just grins at me, "Al, come sit."

I smile and wave at Jake's mom, who seems relaxed with my appearance. Maybe she thinks it's a really badly designed dress that I'm wearing.

I turn to look at Jake and my smile drops when I see him checking me out.

Before his eyes can wander any further, I slide into a chair and start dishing out. I don't care anymore, I just want to eat and go back to my room.

He laughs after a few minutes and I turn to look at him, mad that he interrupted my make out session with the spaghetti.

He runs his thumb against my bottom lip, sending little tingles through my body from where he touches me.

He shows me the red sauce I had on my lip and then he wipes it on a napkin. I frown. "Hey, I was saving that for later," I whine, making him laugh.

What a nice laugh.

Haha, no. Even Shrek has a better laugh than that.

I turn back to my food, making sure not to mess on my face again because I don't need him touching me ever again.

When I look up, I see him staring at my legs and I nudge him hard, "Stop staring, asswipe."

"Nothing I haven't seen before, Cookie."

"Oh, so that nickname is a thing now? You could at least be a bit more original," I state.

"Why be original when most girls love the cliché bad boys, huh?" He smirks at me.

I look up at my mom and Jake's mom and, luckily, they're not listening to our conversation.

"I'm not like most girls," I say and wink. If he wants cliché, then two can play at that game.

Jake bursts out laughing. "Um, actually you're exactly like most girls. I mean, look at your shoes," he states and points down, under the table.

I frown and look down at my uggs. What? They're comfortable. I just slipped them on before coming down because the floors are always cold in my house.

"Don't worry, cookie. I'm straight, so wear as many fluffy shoes as you want, I'd still bang you." He grins and I elbow him in the side again, even harder.

"You don't have a chance. I'm never making that mistake again," I tell him. No way in hell.

"Oh, we'll see. Nobody can resist me," he whispers in my ear and slides his hand onto my bare thigh, slightly squeezing.

His rough hand feels so good against my skin, but I quickly slap it away and finish my food, running up to my room without another word once I'm done.

****

What an ass, amirite? But he cute tho ;) hehe.

Don't like my English there? Well cash me outside, howbow dah?

God, I hope that gets old soon. Sorry for being annoying, and I hope you liked the chapter my lovelies.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG