Chapter Twenty Nine - Were you ever actually in love

The next morning, my alarm goes off at six thirty in the morning.     

"What is that wretched sound?" someone asks and groans. Holy shit, whose voice is that freaking sexy?

I open my eyes and find Ace with his arms wrapped around me, keeping me warm. "I have school today," I whisper and close my eyes again. He's so warm and I don't ever want to move.

Since he's older than me, would it be acceptable to call him daddy? Cause I mean that raspy morning voice makes me want to jump on top of him right now.

"Can I pick you up after school?" he whispers back.

I chuckle. "I have a car."

"I know, baby girl, but I am craving ice cream so I thought we can go together, if that's okay with you?"

Baby girl.

"That means you'll have to drive me to school as well..."

"I'm fine with that. But I'm not changing and I'll probably look like a mess but nobody but you will see me so it's fine. Wake me up when you're ready."

I nod and climb out of bed, then get ready for school. I'm definitely avoiding Jake as much as possible. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll avoid me, too.

Once I'm ready and have eaten breakfast, I tap on Ace's shoulder. He moans and turns, but doesn't open his eyes.

"Ace," I whisper. He opens his eyes and smiles. God, he really is gorgeous. His jawline. His hair. His eyes. He is perfect.

"You ready to go?" he asks and sits up, squinting slightly. I nod and he climbs out of bed.

Ace throws a piece of mint gum in his mouth because he is too lazy to brush his teeth right now, and then we climb into his car.

He drops me off a block down because he doesn't want Jake to get the wrong idea. I'm kind of grateful for that. As much as I want to hit Jake in the balls, I don't want Ace to get mixed up in this and I definitely don't want to ruin their friendship.

I walk into the school doors and pray that I won't have to talk to Jake at all. I could go an entire lifetime without seeing him again. If I mean nothing to him the he means nothing to me.

Through everything that happened I distanced myself from Cora and Lea and I hope that we can go back to normal. I want to go back to before I met Jake, when seeing him didn't hurt.

****

I walk out the school at the end of the day. Luckily for me, I didn't have to talk to Jake. I saw him a few times in the hallways but I rushed to class and avoided him.

I look around and notice Jake talking to Lea and Cora and I shrug. I guess he can talk to whoever. I'm not going to stop him, but he can't talk to me.

Then I see him walking towards me and I pick up my pace but, unfortunately, he catches up to me. "I heard you're in love with me," he says as he walks beside me.

I stop, mainly because I can't walk to Ace's car with Jake following me.

"No, Jake. I was, but I'm honestly over it."

He laughs. "Were you ever actually in love with me or was it just a lie?"

"Would I have embarrassed myself in front of everyone in the cafeteria if I wasn't in love with you, Jake?"

"How about we bet on it?" he says and I roll my eyes and starts walking away. "Imagine if you found out the person you thought was your friend is not only ignoring you, but they also had sex with you for a stupid bet. How would that make you feel?"

My eyes widen as as I realize what he's talking about. "I..."

"Yeah... It sounds pretty fucking petty, doesn't it? Taking someone's virginity like that. But you know, because of this sexist fucking world, I can't even be hurt by it because I'm not a girl. No the cliché is the guy makes all the bets and takes the girls virginity but here I am, and if anyone finds out that I'm actually hurt by this you know what they'll say? They'll call me a fucking pussy and tell me to get over it because I got lucky by getting sex with you." He pauses. "So I'm not going to be hurt by it. I'm going to pretend that you actually cared about me because I convinced my mom to move houses so that I could see you again. I cared about you."

"You could have just given me your real number instead," I state.

Jake nods and smiles. "Yeah, you know all about real, don't you? I didn't give you my number because it didn't have any connection. The phone was basically broken and I didn't want to tell you because then you'd definitely never text me, even if my phone did work. But that's not even the point. Why did you agree to such a stupid bet? What, you didnt have enough money before you fucked me? What did you want that money for, Alicia? Can I guess? Shoes or makeup?"

I don't reply.

"I mean, you already had a car and an amazing room and enough money in your bank account to buy a yacht but that's just wasnt enough, was it?"

I purse my lips. "I'm sorry, Jake."

"I can't believe you were mad at me for not loving you. I said from the start that I liked Candace - I had to twist the truth slightly to get you to go along with it, but that's all I did. To be honest, I did like her, but you were different and I liked that, too. I ended up falling for you, but being with you didn't make sense. Not after everything you did to help me get Candace and everything you said about hating me. But fuck, seriously? Was this all a façade? You won your bet, so what was the point in trying to get me to love you now? So you could hurt me more?"

"No. Don't you dare. I did love you. I never meant to fall for you. You said you moved to see me again, so why didn't you just buy a new phone instead of a new house? Maybe if you didnt steal my USB and ruin my life, we wouldnt have this problem. You told Candace I meant nothing to you. You told me that the whole Candace thing was to hurt her not to hurt me. Don't you dare point fingers at me."

"All I did was try to get a date with a girl I liked but you fucked me for money. I moved because my mom wanted to move closer for a job, but I convinced her to move closer to where you were. You really think I couldn't have gotten Candace myself if I really wanted to? I came to you and did all of it because there was something about you that made my heart beat faster. It doesn't matter, though. I hope it was a good amount of money and it was well spent."

"You're a lying ass and you're trying to make me feel bad for sleeping with you? I offered and you accepted. You hurt me, Jake. You lied from the start."

"Yeah, I know what I said. I lied, but the times that we kissed were so real. I mean, I'm sorry, you dont know what real is. You accuse me of lying but you never bothered to mention how you used me for a bet. I don't care if I sound stupid but I wanted my first time to be special and it was until now... You're seem smart so lets so how smart you are. Do you know what its called when you fuck people for money?"

I don't reply again, not able to find the right words.

He pulls a one hundred dollar note out of his pocket. "That's right. It's prostitution. So here is some money." He throws the money at me. "Now be a good whore and go fuck yourself."

****

MIERDA

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG