Chapter Twenty Three - I still look totally unkissable

I sit on the floor in front of my mirror, staring at myself. There are so many things I want to change about myself, like my nose and my lips and my knees. I freaking hate my knees. Maybe if I looked better, Jake would try and go out with me instead of Candace.

I shake my head. I mean, I don't care about Jake.

I just hate that people actually like Candace. I guess in this case Jake is trying to mess with Candace so it doesn't count as a date. Does it?

It doesn't matter, Alicia, you and Jake are friends.

I hope whatever Jake does, it crushes Candace. I want her to feel the pain that I felt when I found my dad with her. She ruined my family. She ruined everything and I hope she doesn't ruin my friendship with Jake, too.

I poke my cheeks and frown. "Is there anything good about me?" I whisper and try to find something in the reflection. I wish I had lips like Angelina Jolie or a figure like Jennefer Anderson - I mean, she's old and still has a better body than mine. My mom is really pretty too, so I don't know what happened to me.

"You're eyes are really pretty and you are seriously hot. Like your ass makes Kim Kardashian look like Taylor Swift," someone says from behind me and my soul almost leaves my body.

"Jake, what are you doing in my room?" I shout and stand up.

"Said no one ever." He smiles. "You left your sliding door open and I had to give you something, so here I am. Plus, you were staring at yourself for so long and I was getting worried because even I don't stare at myself for that long."

"You want to give me something? Aren't you going on your date?" I ask. Jake nods and a part of me feels slightly disappointed. Can't he just ditch her and that be the revenge?

He pulls a small golden object out of his back pocket and hands it to me. I glance down and notice he is wearing ripped black jeans and a red hoodie, and he looks really good. "Y-You look..."

"Hideous, I know. I've been trying to make my hair look good, but I still look totally unkissable. Like who would want to touch me? I was in the shower for an hour and a half and I still don't feel ready." He runs a hand through his hair with the hand that isn't holding a ring. "But anyway, you don't care, I just came to give you this." He holds up the ring and holds a hand out.

"A ring? I'm not marrying you, if that's what you're thinking," I say but place my hand in his, anyway. He smiles adorably and slides the ring onto my finger. He suddenly seems a lot closer to me and I notice the strands of hair falling into his face and the way his eyes have little green speckles in them. "B-but you do."

"Don't worry, I know you'd only marry me if I magically turned into Ryan Gosling." His body leans closer to mine and he lets go of my hand but brushes a few strands of hair out of my face. "I do what?"

"You do look..." I glance down at his lips and it feels like my heart is struggling to beat, or maybe it's beating too fast. I can't tell. He waits for me to finish and I stare at him like an idiot. "Kissable," I whisper.

He laughs and rolls his eyes. "Sure. But anyway, the ring is just a thank you and a way to let you know I care about you. You've helped me a lot and you didn't actually have to. I've put you through shit and you still manage to be nice and say I'm kissable. I know it's a lie but it's still and yeah, I do love you."

My mouth opens to reply, but no words come out. It's like I completely forget how to speak. "Um... I... You... Um..." I have to restrain myself from slapping myself. I look like such an idiot right now.

"You don't have to say anything back, it's all good. I know I'm an idiot that says stupid things to you, but I hope we're still friends after today. I get it if you don't want to be but if-" I press my fingers against his lips to stop him from talking and he frowns.

"You're late for your date, chop. Just go. Thanks for the ring." I smile and he doesn't move for a moment. But a few seconds later he steps away from me and climbs back to his room.

****    

GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION, who here is an army?

Two potathoes of mine here on Wattpad ( TwinziHasan and FreedomHasan ) are apparently obsessed with BTS and they were shocked when I said I've seen a lot of people on Wattpad who are obsessed too so I just want to know who here likes them.

And I'm sorry for taking forever to update but now that my exams are over I'll have more time to write ;)

Ps. There is drama coming *evil laugh*

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG