Chapter Twenty Two - I'm not letting some loser take my role

I walk into the school cafeteria which is filled with students. Jake runs up to me and pulls me into a hug, then literally spins me around.

My eyes go wide and I try as hard as I can not to scream in fear of being dropped. "Thank you! You did it. You got the role!" Jake says and finally puts me down. 

"Oh, cool," I say and nod, then walk towards the table where my two best friends are sitting.

"You don't seem too happy about it..." Jake says slowly and I shrug.

"Well, I don't really care," I point out. "It's for you, not me, remember? It's so you can get a date with Candace freaking Peters aka. the dumb hoe."

Jake laughs and kisses my cheek. "I love you for this. Thank you." I roll my eyes. "Just find her and convince her, but knowing her she will probably find you. Tell her you'll trade in your spot in return for her going on a date with me tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yeah,tonight."

"Okay," I mumble and Jake walks off as I slide into the chair at the table where Lea and Cora are sitting.

****

"Alicia!" someone shouts from behind me.

I turn around and try to hold back a sigh as Candace runs up to me with a smile on her face. She always seems to be completely candid - her perfect silky hair, her porcelain complexion and her sparkly eyes. It's so damn annoying.

"Hi," I drawl and force a smile onto my face. I just have to constantly remind myself that this is for Jake as well as my dignity.

"Congratulations on getting the lead role in the play! This is the first time someone else actually got the role. I always play the lead," she says, slightly passive aggressively.

I chuckle awkward. "Yeah... Thanks."

"So let's just cut to the chase," she states and rolls her eyes, then places her hands on her hips. "Nobody gets the role except me. I have to do it this year, because I'm not letting some loser take my role. What do you want?"

My eyes widen in shock at her tone and the fact that she called me a loser. I mean, I'm not popular but I wouldn't consider myself a loser.

When I don't answer she lets out a long sigh. "What? Do you want to sit at our table at lunch? You want a new pair of shoes?"

Ew, why would I want to sit with loose bitches like her. "No, actually I want you to go out with... Um, with... Jake. Tonight."

She raises her eyebrows, seeming slightly amused. "You are asking me to go out with the hottest guy in the school?" she asks. "You could have anything and you want me to go out with Jake Dubois? He's hot and dangerous and it's so fucking sexy, and you're willing to give up your spot for that? So I can go eat with him?"

I fold my arms across my chest and nod. "Mhm, exactly."

"Oh," she says and nods, and a smile finds its way onto her flawless face. "Sure, I'd love to fuck Jake again tonight after we go out. The same way I fucked your daddy."

My jaw clenches and I dig my nails into the palm of my hand, trying to ignore her comment. It doesn't mean anything. She is useless and pathetic and she is just trying to get to me. "Whatever. So you'll go out with Jake tonight?" I ask.

"This makes so much sense," Candace says slowly. "I was wondering why someone so attractive, like Jake, would hang out with someone like you, but now I get it; he was using you. He just needed you to get to me, huh? Am I right? I think I'm right."

I don't answer and she just laughs and shakes her head. I purse my lips, realizing that she isn't the pathetic one in the situation - I am. "Whatever, Candace. You have Jake's number so just message him and he'll let you know about wherever you two are going."

With that said, I turn around and walk out the school.

****

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you liked it :D

If you guys could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG