Chapter Seven - The poor girl fell for a murderer

"Explain," I demand as I slide into a chair at the table I always sit at. A few other people are sitting with us too but I ignore them, too curious to care.  

"Hm?" Lea looks up, her mouth full of food.

I turn to Cora. "Okay, you speak." I tell her.

"Um... Well, let's just say Jake's a bad boy...?" She says, frowning. "Like, the really bad type of bad boy, not the hot bad boy..." She trails off, not knowing what else to say.

"Mhmm," Lea nods as she finishes chewing. "He's not the 'open my legs and eat me like a taco, papi!' type. I mean, he can if he wants to, but he's dangerous." She over exaggerates her fake accent as she talks and I roll my eyes.

"He can't be that bad," I deny their statements.

"Yeah, that's probably what Hitler's girlfriend said, but the day after they got married she had to kill herself. The poor girl fell for a murderer." Lea sighs and shakes her head in remorse.

I stare down at the table with a frown, trying to make sense of what I'm being told. A bad, bad boy? What?

"Ohh, babe, Asher's coming in," Lea tells me and I turn to look at Asher who has his chin up as he walks in beside Jake.

Asher Stone. The boy that has been constantly on my mind for four years now. The boy who knows I exist but doesn't care at all because he is a model for Vogue already and has way prettier girls fawning after him.

Wait, but what is he doing beside Jake?

"Um, and hot neighbour," Cora mumbles under her breath. Lea nods in agreement and I just roll my eyes.

"I'll see you guys later," I mumble and slide out of my seat.

If Cora and Lea won't tell me who Jake is, then I am going to have to ask him myself.

"Hey, asshole," I say as I walk up to Jake. He turns to look at me with a frown and his frown deepens when he sees it's me.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me closer, leaning down to whisper in my ear, "I thought I said don't talk to me."

"Yeah, well apparently you're dangerous and I want to know why," I state, folding my arms and looking around to see people looking at us. Even Asher is looking at me.

"Go away, people are watching," he says through gritted teeth as he lets go of me.

"Look, this is the face of someone who couldn't give two shits. Meet me in the girls bathroom right now," I command and spin on my heels, walking out the cafeteria and to the closest girls bathroom.

I lean against the wall and wait for Jake. All the bathrooms stalls are empty, which is a good thing because that way nobody will have to know we're talking.

I don't exactly want to be associated with him, especially if he has a bad reputation.

The door swings open after a few minutes and Jake walks in, a huge grin on his face. "You are literally so confusing. Like, in front of everyone you're an asshole and then you come in here grinning like a fucking chimpanzee?" I throw my hands up in frustration, shaking my head.

His smile widens. "How am I an asshole, exactly? I said go away, which is what we agreed you would do this morning."

I roll my eyes. "Who are you? I thought you were just some guy that went to another school but apparently not," I say, annoyed.