Pink Camellia

Yuu lay on his back, his arms behind his head. On the too large of a bed, that was just for him. It felt wrong. Him. Alone. On a bed.

He hated it. He hated feeling like this. Feeling like a stranger in his own body. At times he would  feel empty and was suddenly hit by a wave of "you're forgetting something" whenever he stared at many things.

Looking at the sky made him frown. Made him want to turn and look at-who?-in the eyes. Looking at his own eyes made him think of words he didn't recall hearing.

"I'm looking at you because I love you. And your eyes...your eyes..." There was a smile on a pair of pink lips that Yuu didn't know who they belonged to, as the ghost in his dreams added, "I could spend my whole life looking into them...and never get tired of doing so."

Yuu sighed and closed his eyes simultaneously. Tired of thinking. He didn't know what to think. He didn't want to think. But no matter how much he tried not to think. To remember. To remember someone else's memories. He did.

Couldn't stop remembering Shindo-sama's startling, captivating, beautiful, familiar, blue crystal jewels for eyes. Couldn't help but feel like he knew the smile he had given.

Soft and gentle. Caring and inviting.

Loving.

Couldn't stop remembering the familiar gold that danced in the wind as he beautifully and gracefully fell back.

Yuu opened his eyes as he sat up. He rubbed his face with one hand as he rested back on his other. He brought a knee up as he covered the right side of his face with his hand. Expression irritated, tired, worried, confused.

"Why do I feel like this?" Yuu muttered, his voice raspy and laced with all his emotions, "Why...do I keep seeing him every time I close my eyes? Why does my chest ache when I see him? Why do I...feel like I know him? Why do I want to..."

Yuu let his voice drift off as he stopped covering his face to touch his lips. Recalling what had happened after he had dragged Shindo-sama out of the water with the help of the black haired servant.

It wasn't that he was startled because of how suddenly Shindo-sama was coughing up water. No. It wouldn't be that. Couldn't be that. Because it wasn't anything new to Yuu. He had done it before, and each and every time he had assisted the person onto their side so it would be easier.

"He licked me..." Yuu whispered against his fingers.

Again. He felt like it wasn't the first time he had done it.

But that would be a lie. After all, they had only just met.

Lacus stared. His cheeks dusted red. As he walked around with Mika. Mika who had taken claim of his hand and refused to let go.

"Mikaela-sama-" Lacus began, shutting his mouth as Mika looked at him over his shoulder with a tiny glare. Lacus swallowed the nervous lump in his throat before correcting himself, "Mikaela-san, why...why are we doing this again?"

His words made Mika stop walking. Made Mika look at the ground and avoid eye contact. Mika let his hold loosen on Lacus's hand and drop it.

"Sorry..." He murmured, "I'm sorry for dragging you with me. For taking you from your duties. From bothering you. For-"

"Mikaela-san!" Lacus snapped.

Making Mika jump in place, he tucked himself between his shoulders, making himself appear smaller.

Lacus, with a red face, took Mika's hand in his. He softly and gently said, "That isn't what I meant, Mikaela-san. I was just wondering why you chose me to take a walk with you instead of Yoichi."