Sweet Dreams My Love

"Yes." She smiled as she welcomed him into her arms with an loving gleam in her eyes. "Just like that Mikaela. Come to mommy."

And he did. The golden tuff of blond waddled over. Cooing and grunting when he swayed a little too much for comfort. Retrieving his excited, toothless smile as he continued to wobble to his beloved mommy.

The one who cheered him on, with such a loving look. The one who uttered nothing but whispers of love as he walked into her arms.

"Good job!" She cheered softly, turning her head to gently kiss the side of his head, making him erupt into a fit of giggles. "You did a wonderful job Mikaela!"

She sighed contently as she hugged him closer to her chest, running a gentle hand through his hair.

"Oh, how I love you, Mikaela." She whispered. Mika untucked his soft, round face to look up at her with bright, gleaming, blue eyes. Eyes pure and innocent.

"So, so much."

Mika opened his eyes. Eyes teary, mouth parted as a small whine left his lips.

'Why did I remember that now?'

'After all that's happened...why did I remember?'

He crossed his arms and placed them over his eyes, biting his bottom lip to stop the sob that threatened to escape.

"Mommy..." He whispered.

He released a shaky breath of air as he added, "I love you too. So, so much."

His days passed fast.

He woke up to René, who fed him two blood filled glass cups for the day. Knowing he wouldn't keep down any more than that.

They had yet to ask, why he did what he did.

So Mika didn't tell.

He lost count of how many days had passed.

All he knew where that he spent most of the day sleeping. And as he slept. He dreamt. Remembered.

Remembered soft, gentle, loving hands. Soft, melodious, loving words.

So he slept.

He wanted to be with her.

Wanted to be in her arms where it was safe.

Where it was warm and loving.

Where his fears and the monster under his bed didn't exist.

"Hush, hush, my love." She cooed. Rocking him back and forth with a soft and quiet voice, loud enough for him to hear. Her head resting on top of his head. "It's okay my love. Mommy's here. Nothing can harm you for as long as mommy's here."

The sobs that came out of the tiny blondes mouth, slowly, but surely turned into nothing but sniffles as he looked up with big, teary, but hopeful eyes and asked, "Really?"

She smiled so lovingly at him, that the fear he felt, the tiny sprinkle of doubt he had, disappeared before she even opened her mouth.

"Yes, my love, yes." She cupped his cheek and gently wiped away his tears. Leaning down to kiss his forehead. She stayed close enough to lean her forehead on his, staring into the blue sky's he owned with her own. "Yes. Mommy's very brave. For you, I will fight the world. To keep you breathing, I'll do anything. So rest easy my love, I'm here."

Mika opened his eyes. He looked around and saw that René had fallen asleep in the chair he was in.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I'm sorry I cause you this. Because of me...you are all suffering."