In the Dream

"I know my visit is...um—rather sudden," Yuuichirou said, voice lowering to a murmur. "but, I'm sure it was obvious I'd be coming here." He swallowed before bowing and saying, "Please forgive my offense. I have acted reckless and threatened your life, I ask for your forgiveness."

The bow is tense and clumsy. Shaky. Mikaela doesn't comment, he is not cruel enough to do so. Not enough when it comes to Yuuichirou.

Mikaela shifted on his knees, clenching his hands and closing his eyes. Sighing tiredly he said, "I have already forgiven you. You were under the control of your demon, were you not?"

When Yuuichirou nodded, Mikaela continued, "Then there is nothing to forgive. You couldn't function as you would when human."

"T-that doesn't give me the right t-to...to..." Yuuichirou drifted off, he had been told what he had done when he was possessed by his demon. Now more than ever he felt like stranger to his own body.

"Once again, there is nothing to forgive." Mikaela said, adding, "I have already forgotten the so called 'offense' you speak of. I urge you to do the same, please."

Yuuichirou swallowed, eyes crawling away from the floor to René. The blank faced servant hadn't said or done anything from the moment they entered the room. He was as still as a statue, and Yuuichirou didn't know whether to fear how closed off he was, or to fear what would happen if he were to make him move.

Yuuichirou's skin crawled when René looked at him for the corner of his eye. Immediately, Yuuichirou looked away to the ground again, then to his knees. Where his hands were, clenching down on both knees due to his hearts nervous thumping. His knees hurt. His knuckles are white.

Mikaela watched with sad eyes as Yuuichirou struggled to regain him composure. It was a sad sight, Yuuichirou never really had anything to feel guilty about. And if he did, he didn't notice. Obviously to his own mistakes, that had always irked Mikaela. Now it was all Mikaela wished he could complain about, like he did before. But in their current situations, Mikaela could not nag Yuuichirou to his hearts content.

He wished he could bicker, bicker, and bicker with Yuuichirou. To the point Yuuichirou would smile and laugh, call him a nagging wife and kiss him with passion. Successfully shutting him up.

Yuuichirou was a mess, an obvious thing to Mikaela. Perhaps it was also obvious to René, who had requested for Lacus to stay out of the room. Strangely—not really—Lacus seemed angered by Yuuichirou's presence. And while it was an obvious reaction due to what Yuuichirou did to Mikaela, but it had shocked Mikaela. There was something covetous about the way Lacus had glared at Yuuichirou.

What did Yuuichirou have that Lacus wanted?

Mikaela snapped out of his thoughts when Yuuichirou snapped his head up, the sadness in Mikaela's eyes blinking away.

"I--I...I'm sorry." Yuuichirou croaked, his voice was so hoarse and gruff it made Mikaela wince. He had a very strong urge to offer him water, but he also felt Yuuichirou wouldn't be able to express what he wanted if he were to interrupt him. "I can't. I don't feel like an apology like this will make me feel better about anything."

Mikaela huffed with a small smile. "So you wish to make yourself feel better by earning my forgiveness?"

Yuuichirou flinched. Mikaela winced. He didn't mean for that to come out as accusing as it did. He meant to say it a lighthearted jab, to ease tension. Instead, Mikaela made it worse.