Imagine Picking Piers Up From The Airport

Today is the day.
Finally.
After 5 weeks of being apart, Piers finally comes back from his mission in China.
You are exited since the moment you opened your eyes this morning.
Showering with excessive enthusiasm, dancing through your flat while trying to put on your socks, singing into the hairbrush; pure joy.

Checking the time, you break into a wide grin and grab the keys to your car and put on your scarf and coat, walking out towards your car.
Driving through the city, some other drivers give you weird looks as you drive past them with your huge smile. Ignoring them you keep telling yourself that they don't know the things you do.
Ungracefully parking the car, you rush inside the airport, almost running into a few people.

You quickly scan the flight board for Piers' flight and run to gate 14. Pushing through the crowd, your eyes scan for Piers' form.

You stand in the front row as the passengers walk through the gate.
And you see him.

Running towards him, he drops his duffle bag and wraps his arms around you as your arms go around his neck. Piers stumbles back a bit from the impact, but catches you still.
You hug each other tight; you burying your hands in his short hair at the back of Piers' head, him just clawing your back and breathing heavily, letting his head sink on your shoulder.

"Piers... people are watching us.." You whisper, lightly embarrassed by the subtle attention.
"Let them watch...." He sighs.

After another moment, he finally pulls himself away, taking your face in his hands.
Smiling at each other you kiss, tenderly, not exaggeratedly passionate, but loving.

Breaking away from each other, he takes his bag in one and your hand in his other hand and steers towards the exit.

"When will you learn to park a car, (y/n) ?" Piers laughs while walking towards the passenger front door.
"As soon as you learn to take the trash out." You stick your tongue at him while getting in the car.

Piers laughs and turns to you, kissing you again.
"That is why I love you.."