Imagine Being Piers' Handler On A Mission

"Alpha team, do you copy ?" You ask, adjusting headset.
Well, technically not yours.

It was your colleague's. But he called in sick this morning, and since you know the team as well, your boss sent you to replace them.
Now, you were more or less friends with Alpha, seeing as you do most of their paperwork as a secretary. And you were glad to be with their team, hearing from some of the other secretaries how annoying and not thankful other teams were.

Your boys however, were extremely kind and thankful. Sometimes, they even got you little presents, like a new tea flavour mix whenever they go abroad and see something you might appreciate.

"Loud and clear, HQ. Is that you, (l/n) ?" Marco, explosions expert of Alpha team, asks.
Chuckling, you respond "Yeah, John called in sick. Now concentrate on getting to the Ace of Spades. Take route four. I will be watching you and keep updating you."
"Copy." Marco answers before going back to the mission.

Looking at the satellite footage, you keep an eye out for the boys.

"In front of that building are some news reporters. Be nice to them, Redfield." You inform them, trying to deflect an international scandal. Again.
Chris is not exactly the best to deal with media and the like. Usually his wife and/or you do that for this team, because of that one time in Germany. We will never talk about that again.

One slightly nagging "Copy." gets to you from Chris, to which you only respond with a knowing "Tch."

As they walk down the streets, the trucks in front of them explode, making route four useless.
Immediately, you start looking for an alternative.
"Change route four to route nine !" You give the order, having spot a way through some alleys.

Walking to the massive steel door, Piers is grabbed by a desperate local, who hugs himself to the soldier's legs.
Marco grabs the local and flings him off to the side as Piers straightens himself out.

"Can't let a local get to your man while you can't do anything about it, right (l/n) ?" Marco snickers, making you blush furiously and Piers turn to him abruptly.

He was kind of right. Everyone on the team knew you had a thing for the handsome Lieutenant. But seeing as you both kind of worked together, you don't want to make things awkward, especially if a relationship won't work out in the end.
Furthermore, the guys may be assuring you that Piers would want to give it shot, but somehow you doubted that.
You knew the team for a long time now, and you have seen Piers' individual dating rules.
These women seemed so perfect for him every time.
They looked cute and petite next to him, while you probably looked like a goblin on meth in a meeting. Sure, you were training too, and were proud of your few muscles, but they sure did make you look a little more masculine, not that you minded, but society did.

Putting a hand to your forehead, covering your nose partially as well, you mumble "Are you serious right now, Marco ?"

Peeking at the screen when you don't receive a cocky answer, you see Piers, barking something at Marco, making the latter raise his hands in defense, before walking to stand next to Captain Redfield to open the door.

Receiving no answer was relieving and disappointing at the same time. Relieving as in, he didn't cause a scene while on a mission. Disappointing as in, he never said anything that could help you in determining where he really stands. No 'She has nothing to worry about.' or 'Focus on the mission, Marco.'. Nothing.

Meanwhile, the team has already progressed to the next area, encountering a mutated J'avo.
"Witnessed a type 3 mutation. Looks like the one in Edonia a few months ago." Piers calls in, and you instantly filled out the blank in the mission report on your second desktop.

"Clear." It sounds through the speakers.

"Okay, once you enter the building I will be blind. Jeff, Marco, Captain, please turn on your on body cameras."
You watch as they fumble on their helmets and vests, trying to make the technology work.

Once you get a picture from all three, you switch desktops.
"Good, go on."

Alpha team enters the building, storming into some kind of kitchen.
They eliminate the enemies at an alarming rate, but you see the picture of Chris is not moving at all. Suddenly feeling a cold shiver run down your back, you reach out to his team mates.

"Can one of you check on Chris ?"

"On it." Piers answers, being the closest to Chris.

"Watch out !" You yell, wtrying to warn Chris as one J'avo attempts to hit him with his mutated arm.
But luckily, Piers was quick enough to push both of them out of the way.
Exhaling in relief, you check on them, asking if they were hurt, while the rest of Alpha team took care of the remaining J'avo.
Once they called in they were okay and told some members to stay behind to take care of the wounded, you gave order to move on.

The rest of Alpha team fought their way through the roofs of Poisawan.
In the end, Chris and Piers were cut off from the rest of Alpha. So you sent order to Delta team to come and aid them.

"Wait here for them." You ordered after Chris and Piers checked the small place in front of the Ace of Spades.

"Good. I needed a break." Piers says, leaning against the balcony, checking his gun.

After a moment of silence, you pressed a button to cut off the transition to Chris and gathered all your courage.

"Hey, Piers." You awkwardly start.
"Yeah ?" He answers, putting down his gun, his attention now fully on you, as you could the through the satellite image again.
"It's just.. I..." sighing in frustration as you can't find the right words, you settle for "Be careful..."

You could not make out any mimic, for the crappy quality of the footage, but unbeknownst to you, the sniper sure had a faint blush across his cheeks.

"You know me." Piers tries to play it cool.
"Yeah, that is why I'm asking you to play it safe." You chuckle.

"Sure, but..." Piers trails off, chewing his lip. Suddenly, he feels like he is back in high school, trying ask out his long time crush for the first time.
"But ?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Fuck !" Chris yells, making Piers' look up at him, realizing that they are being ambushed.

Pressing the button again, you ask Chris what is going on.
"We are under attack !" He yells, fighting off some J'avo by throwing it against the nearby wall.

You change the channel to Delta team.
"Delta, this is Alpha HQ. Alpha is under attack, they need back up ASAP." You give out the information.
"Copy. On our way."

Changing back the channel, you can only sit tight and watch as the Captain and his Second in Command battle their way through the masses of enemies.

"Hey Alpha, you need some back up ?" One of the Delta guys jokingly asks while finally arriving.

"About time, Delta ! Pick your target and let's finish this !" Piers orders to the new arrivals.
In a matter of seconds, all targets have been eliminated.

"Good work. Proceed after you composed yourselves." You say, and the soldiers scatter around, checking each other and themselves.

Leaning back in your chair, you close your eyes, giving them some rest as well.

"Hey, (y/n)..." Your favourite sniper radios you.
"Yeah, what is it ? You need medical back up ?" You ask, going slightly worried, leaning forward again to look for him on the screen. And you do spot him, a little off to the side, away from the rest of the BSAA agents.

"Before they attacked us, I uh... I wanted ask... uhh..."
"Go on...." You encourage him, hoping he will ask what you wish for.
"I uhh... wanted to ask if you.. wanted to go to the beach when I come back... with me of course." He adds quickly, shaking his head at his own nervousness.
"Yes.... Yes of course I will go out with you, Nivans." You smile.

And as you look at him through the screen with the brightest smile, he looks at the sky with an even brighter smile. A smile so bright you can even see it through the crappy image footage.

~~~

Thank you for reading ! \(^o^)/

If you want to request something, feel free to do so ! :3

Please leave a like or comment if you enjoyed. I am just getting back into writing things and could really use the feedback :D