Imagine Piers Helping You Study

"GAAAAAH !"
You scream as you fling your notes through the room.
Stochastic theory will always be your Nemesis.
Putting your palms on your closed eyelids, you try to compose yourself and not cry. Tomorrow, there is going to be a test about it and you will fail miserably.

The rustling of your papers bring you back from your self loathing and you look up.
"Stochastic grids ?" Piers asks while skimming over your papers.
You stand at an instant and straighten your back. Piers Nivans is 1st Lieutenant, and therefore your superior.

"Easy, (l/n)."
"Yes, Sir."

He lets out a slight snort at your behaviour. You are new in Alpha Team, but you are not bad at all.
The awkward silence that fell around you two is broken by him again, for he hands you your notes back.

"Thank you, S-"
"Piers. My name is Piers and you know it. "
"But the ranks, I- I don't want to seem respectless." You stutter, clearly nervous thanks to the sniper.
"We are not on duty right now. Anyways, do you need help with that ?"

Releasing a pleading sigh, you answer "Yes..."

That explains why you are currently sitting on the couch in the common room, your notes and calculator in your lap and Piers showing you how to do everything.
"Right. Now tell me what you have got to do here." He points to an empty space in the grid.
"Uhhhh... subtract these two ?" You say, pretty sure that you are right.
"Exactly." Piers smiles and reaches for the bag of chips.
You open your mouth and let him put one chip in it.
"I feel like a dog in training." You laugh and Piers joins you.
"But it works. Every correct answer gets a treat." He explains while eating some chips himself.

"Thank you, Piers"