Coming Home

It was your last day on Mandalore and even though you were excited to see Rex again, you were kind of disappointed. You learned a lot while tracking Death Watch. Before this mission, you've only heard of a darksaber, but now, you have not only seen one, but after capturing a Death Watch member, you took his saber as a prize. 

You and Ashoka walked the Mandalorian streets together. All week, you both were in civilian clothes to try to mask your identity. As you approached the palace of the Duchess, you removed your hoods to reveal yourselves to the guards.  The guards bowed to you and guided you into the palace to meet with the Duchess herself. 

"Duchess Satine," you say, bowing to her upon seeing her. "I am Jedi general (Y/N) (Y/LN). As you know, for the past week Jedi padawan Ashoka Tano and I have been here on Mandalore keeping a close eye on Death Watch."

"Ah yes," she smiles, gesturing for you and Ashoka to sit down at a table in the room with her. 

"We regret to inform you, but we believe the Sith and the Separatists are backing them," you tell her while taking a seat. Fear struck the duchess' face as she gasped. "Duchess, Darth Maul was on Mandalore just days before Ashoka and I arrived here. He provided weapons and supplies to them. We highly suggest your army looks deeper into this."

The Duchess was still speechless, "What else can we do? I must keep the people of Mandalore safe!"

"Another way to prevent Death Watch from getting too powerful is to carefully monitor all of the ships that enter the planet. Death Watch exists outside of Sundari, so just monitoring what comes into the city isn't enough. I'm to be positive with my words, but Mandalore is truly in danger. I will be requesting Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi comes to Mandalore as an extra guard for you."

Your mention of Obi-Wan made the duchess jump a bit. You took note of this, telling yourself that you had to tell Anakin about this when you get back. Anakin always makes jokes with you about Obi-Wan liking the duchess. 

"Thank you, General," Duchess Satine softly spoke, taking a sip of her drink. "I will be heightening my security. Hopefully Obi-Wan can come soon. He has worked very well with my army before. I am sure he will again."

"I am glad we could inform you of the threat, but Ashoka and I must be going. Our shuttle to go back to the council is arriving soon. I will be explaining this case to the council and you will be hearing from Obi-Wan Kenobi soon. Stay safe Duchess," You smiled as you left the palace.

Once outside the palace, you and Ashoka made your way to the pick up location. On your way there, you passed a small merchant booth on the street. They were selling beaded bracelets. You patted your pocket to see if you had any credits and to your surprise, you did. There were two baskets full of bracelets on the booth. After looking at the baskets for a few seconds, you saw two blue ones out of the corner of your eye. You lifted it out of the basket and held them in both your hands. The blue wasn't exactly bright, it has some dull blue specs, and some white ones. You smiled, put them on your wrist, and gave the merchant some credits as the merchant handed you a card. Because of the rush you and Ashoka were in, you probably paid too much, but you didn't mind.

Ashoka was running far ahead of you toward the pick up. When you finally caught up to her pace, you were at the pick up location. Ashoka was just as she was when you go to Mandalore with her, way too full of energy. 

"How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?" You asked her, laughing.

"What's coffee?" she smiled, tilting her head to the side. 

"Forget everything I said!" You gasped looking up, "Look, the shuttle is coming."

(......................)

"Rex, how's shoulder?" Anakin asked, walking up to Rex with some other men in the 501st. 

"Feels almost like nothing happened, it's weird,"  Rex replied, stretching his shoulder.

Anakin felt the presence of the force. "(Y/N)," he whispered. Rex heard him.

"She's not here General," Rex told Anakin as he was getting up.

Anakin looked at Rex, then Rex's shoulder, then back at Rex. "I think she may be."

Rex looked confused at first, but then he remembered Jedi force healing. He kept wondering if (Y/N) has healed him. 

(...............................)

You sat on the shuttle and looked at the card given to you by the merchant on Mandalore. The card explained what the color of the beads meant. Both the bracelets you got were blue, but you read the whole card anyway. You learned blue is often associated with depth and stability and that it also symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. 

"Blue," you think, smiling. You were hoping Rex would like your new matching bracelets. The reason why you picked blue was because the 501st, but after reading what blue symbolized, you were much happier than before. This made you want to talk to Rex, so you called him on your holoprojector.

"Hey Rex!" you smile as his hologram pops up.

"Hello ner mesh'la, how are you," he responded, taking off his helmet and tucking it underneath his arm. 

"Actually, I am pretty great! How's your shoulder?" You were uncontrollably smiling. 

"(Y/N)," he mumbled, biting his lip a bit, "Did you do something to my shoulder?". You gasped at that question. "Oh no I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't think you would do harm but Anak-"

"Rex," you cut him off. "A little while ago, I tried force healing on your shoulder. I wasn't sure it would work, but, I guess it did!" you cheered, clapping your hands. "Rex, this is huge! Only the most powerful Jedi can do that! And never at my age!" Mentioning age reminded you of something, "Hey Rex, speaking of age, next time I see you, remind me I need to tell you something about ages."

Rex laughed, "You always have so much on your mind! I will mesh'la. And I think your discovery in you using the force is amazing! I am so lucky to have such a gifted Jedi as a girlfriend!"

That was the first time he called you his girlfriend and just those words rolling off his tongue made you blush. You smiled because his word made you feel more special than any thing could. Not even having a lightsaber could compare to how special Rex made you feel. 

"I have something for you!" You cheered in excitement. 

"Ooh what it is?" He asked, getting up on his toes.

"Not telling you!" you sung, shaking your head.

"You're lucky you're cute," Rex muttered, then laughed. The both of you went silent for a few seconds. 

"I really wish I could hug you right now, it kind of hurts to see you as just a hologram actually," you frowned, running your hands through your hair. 

"Soon, mesh'la, soon. Soon I will give you the biggest hug I have ever given you ever," he said in a husky tone, smirking slightly. 

"Rex! We need to go, now!" you heard Anakin yell from the background. 

"Hey I have to go, but next time we talk, I'll actually be able to touch you. Wait, that sounded weird. I'm sorry!" Rex got red and sounded very nervous.

You laughed. "Rex, it's fine! I get what you mean. See you soon nulis! I love you!"

"I love you too mesh'la, Rex out."

It was only a few hours until you see Rex now, and you were so excited to tell him all of your stories from Mandalore.