Fun, Secrets and Pancakes

A/N: I mention 23 BBY. I know the clone army "originated in 22 BBY" but for later in the book, an event takes place in 23 BBY. Thank you :) and I'm sorry if this sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Rex, I need to get away," you sighed as you laid on his chest. A few moments later, you rolled off him and stared our your window. 

"You can't just leave the war, (y/n)."

Ignoring him, you continued to stare out the window, thinking of where you wanted to go. Before long your eyes began to wander, until you caught a glimpse of a large painting on your wall. 

"What?" Rex asked, after seeing you stare at the wall for a bit too long. 

Quickly, you tried to changed the topic. "The night is beautiful."

"You were staring at the wall mesh'la," he corrected you as he rolled over to face you.

You did the same, and rolled your eyes as you rolled onto your stomach, "It's nothing Rex, nothing at all. It's just Kody. I still feel like it was my fault," your eyes started to water up. Rex looked at you in agony and began to run his hand through your hair. You weakly rolled onto Rex's chest. 

"You need to relax mesh'la. You need to get your mind off things. I can help you with that," he whispered, caressing your cheek. You raised your eyebrow in question.

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

He smiled and sat up, slowly taking his shirt off before laying back down next to you, "I'm a man of many plans."

A soft laugh escaped you lips, "Name one."

In a quick motion he scooped you up and put you back down on the bed, straddling over you. You smiled as he began to kiss you. 

"I think I like your plan," you laughed into the kiss. Moments like this didn't come often in a time of war, and there was no way you were going to let it slip. 

(.............)

Even though you never viewed yourself as a morning person, you found your self awake before day break. Rex has his arm loosely around you, so you were able to slip out without waking him up. Once you were out of bed, you turned around to look at him, his handsome face flooding your mind with the fun of the previous night. You softly kissed his head, being extra careful not to wake him before you walked across your room and in front of the painting you were staring at last night. 

"Zhol uud tukodi kian letas," you whispered, pressing a finger in the middle of a circular pattern on the painting. Suddenly a small screen emerged from the wall next to the painting. You pressed its only button, activating facial recognition. Th e blue laser lights scanned your face, making the screen flash green. The painting then opened like a door, revealing a small elevator. 

"Zhol uud tukodi qo kian letas," you whispered again, stepping into the elevator, the painting "door" closing behind you. But what you didn't know, was that the small noises awake Rex. 

Rex softly groaned before rolling over, expecting his arm to touch you. His eyes opened widely as he shot up, feeling an empty bed. 

"(Y/N)," he called, looking around the room, noticing your comlink on the night stand. It wasn't like you to just leave, no comlink, no note, no nothing, but Rex just assumed you were out and about within the temple and decided to stay put. 

As Rex was unaware of your whereabouts, you stepped out of the elevator, triggering lights to turn on, revealing the joy and pleasure of your late childhood. Your old lab. It was a secret hobby of yours, inventing stupid little things. You haven't been down there since the beginning of the clone wars. As you slowly walked through the lab, flash backs started to invade your brain. Gasping, you quickly turned around and slammed your hand onto a stack of files, not knowing what led you to hit that pile. The stack was huge, at least a thousand papers and hundreds of file folders, but you looked through every one, wondering, why that pile

As you sifted through, you realized most of the files were pointless, just your random inventions. You were becoming bored of looking through the files until about fifty files in, one caught your eye. 

Kamino 23 BBY

Not sure of what the file is, especially because it wasn't in your handwriting, you opened it curiously. Inside were dozens of papers on the cloning process, including many diagrams of the clones and their anatomy. Confused, you closely analyzed it, wondering why it was down here and how it got down here. As you looked at the diagrams, you heard a huge thud from above. Oh Rex!  You remembered you left Rex alone and he was probably wondering where you were. 

Quickly, you put all the papers back in the file and shoved it under one of your projects before getting into the elevator back into your room. Rex was laying on the bed, facing where you were when you emerged from the painting on the wall. 

"Where were you?" he asked, both innocently and concerned. 

You weren't sure how to answer. No one knew of that lab, but he did see you exit it. "Uh Rex," you began to say, "what was that thud?". He picked up on your hint of not wanted to tell him where you were.

"I tripped over that chair and it fell," he replied, laughing a bit. "But I wanted to let you know General Skywalker gave you the day off," he smiled.

"Then we can spend today together," you smiled back, walking over to him and kissing him softly on the cheek, then walking towards your kitchen. 

Rex turned around to face the direction in which you were talking, "So, uh about last night," he started to say, rubbing the back of his head.

"Yes?" you smiled, turning around, facing him now. 

He slowly began to walk towards you, grabbing you around your waist when he was close enough, "I love you," he whispered, kissing you. 

"I love you too Rex," you smiled, kissing him back, "Hey, I'm going to make your breakfast!" 

"Ooooooh," he mumbled as he wrapped his arms around you from behind, resting his head on your shoulder. As you moved around the kitchen, he stayed latched around your body the whole time you were cooking, which quickly got in the way, but it was Rex, so you were fine with that. 

"They're done Rex," you smiled, turning around to face him, his grip still insanely tight around you. 

"Can we eat them in bed?" he asked, almost in a childish tone. You said yes so he jumped onto the bed and wait for you to get in with him.  Just to annoy him, you jokingly walked really slow towards the bed. 

"Mesh'la please," he groaned. You placed the food on the edge of the bed as he pulled you back onto his chest. "Breakfast round two?" he asked smirking.

"No," you replied with a sarcastic smile, as you began to sit up,"You've been different lately, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it."

You handed him a plate of food, "Tell me about the war."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Tried to make it fluffy? Am I getting worse at writing?