Help

"Rex," you sighed, his sobbing becoming contagious. 

He slowly lifted his tear covered face from his hands, "What can I do to stop this."

"You're not gonna like this," you groaned, pulling him in for a hug. 

Rex started soaking your shoulder with his tears, "There is nothing I wouldn't do."

You remained holding him for a few minutes before you told him what he needed to do. The devastation radiating off of him hurt. Slowly, you pulled out of the hug and kiss his cheek. You wiped some of his tears off his face. "It's a medical procedure ner alor'ad," you finally told him. 

"Can you do it?" he asked quietly. 

"Me?" you gasped. 

He looked at you and nodded. Yes, you could do it, but you knew the risks. Force forbid if you were to hurt him, or even kill him in the process.   "Rex, it's too dangerous."

"I-I- I just" he stuttered, "please?"

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, "okay Rex. I'll do it."

He grabbed your hand, his tears finally stopping, "I don't want to be pushy, but when?"

"I can do it now, but I'm nervous." you replied, squeezing his hand. 

"I trust you mesh'la," he smiled. 

Nervously, you got up and motioned him over to a room with some medical equipment. He laid down on the table in the room. "Rex, I'm going to put you under now."

You stared at him as you injected a general anesthetic. His cheeks were stained red from his crying. Just the look of him was enough to break your heart. Though the whole situation sucks, you were glad that this was figured out during a time where you would get almost a week long break with Rex.  Carefully, you picked up the scalpel as tears began to well in your eyes. "I love you ner alor'ad." you whispered, placing the scalpel to his head. 

(..........)

All you could think to yourself was how perfect he is. After the procedure, you brought him back up to your room and laid him on your bed. He was a little too heavy to carry physically, but the force definitely came in handy. You were sitting on the bed next to him, waiting for him to wake up. Every couple of minutes, his body flinched a bit, but he still wasn't fully awake. Finally, he opened his eyes.

"Mesh'la, what happened?" he asked, clearly sounding very confused. 

"I did a procedure on you, not sure if you remember why, but that's why you're groggy. I gave you some pain medicine as well," you replied, putting your hand on his shoulder, signaling him to lay down. 

His face froze as he instantly remembered everything, "So I won't kill you?" he barely made out as he was on the verge of tearing ups again. 

"Yes Rex. Everything is okay now," you smiled, "but you should rest up. Trust me, I would love to talk to you, but you did just have minor brain surgery."

Rex gave you a grin, "I'll rest as long as you rest here with me."

"Go to sleep love," you laughed as he shut his eyes. 

(.........)

You woke up a few hours later and it was roughly dinner time. Rex was still asleep and you promised him you would stay here so you knew you would feel guilty if you left. A small smile formed on your face as you looked at Rex. All you wanted was him to be having happy dreams. It was obvious that he wouldn't be the happiest man in the world when he woke up due to what was discovered earlier, so you were hoping that he at least had a few hours of bliss. You were about to turn on the TV until you heard a groan come from Rex.